Static-x/soulfly/soil Show Review....

ZANEX

Alone Within My Lunacy
Sep 4, 2001
PARIS/WINCHESTER,KENTUCKY U.S.A.
Visit site
Got to Cincinatti, Ohio around 8:30 p.m. Left from my house about 6:45 p.m. in Paris, Ky with my buds and former bandmates Doug & Danny. Listened to Tenacious D (hilarious) on the way up in Danny's truck (king cab). Also listened to Static-X, Nonpoint, Sepultura, and Cincy's WEBN . Got to Bogart's in Cincy and show was SOULD-OUT. Bought tickets from a "dude" for $40 each(normally $28). About to enter venue when this Black Guy comes up and thinks he knows me. He is about 45-50 and is drinking a Colt 45 22oz. in a can. He says,"What's up partner? Looks like you got your game face back on? Don't you remember me?" I shook his hand and explained I wasn't from Cincinnati, and he said, "Damn man, you look familiar. I thought you were somebody else." After this a black lady walked buy (around 25-30, not skinny, not fat but big boned) and the black guy said, "Excuse me Miss, you dropped something." The lady looked down and saw that she didn't drop anything and asked, "What did I drop?" The guy said,"You didn't drop anything but how about picking me up?" The Lady said something like Shut up you old fool and Danny, Doug and I were laughing hysterically. He gave us all Hi-5's and said, "You all some cool Motherfuckers. I'm glad I've seen the day when black and white people can socialize together." A good laugh directly after partaking of "mother nature". Missed first band Onesidezero.
*Went in and Soil was playing. Caught a few songs by them. Sound was good, but I wasn't impressed. Last song was Halo(their big single) and it was preceded by the beginning of Reign in Blood by Slayer. I though it sounded kind of "stale", especially coming from some guys that used to be in Opressor and Broken Hope.
*Next was Soulfly. Drummer was very impressive. Sound was excellent. Set list consisted of PRIMITIVE, EYE FOR AN EYE, JUMPDAFUCKUP, BLEED(FEATURING MAX'S STEPSON AND HIS MURDERED OTHER SON'S DANA"S BROTHER, RICHIE ON VOCALS). 2 SEPULTURA SONGS ARISE AND ROOTS, AND A NEW SONG LAST OF THE MOHICANS. Soulfly played from about 9:30-10:40 p.m.
*Static-X came on around 11p.m-and played until about 12:20 a.m. There sound was also excellent. Set list consisted of PERMANENCE, BLACK AND WHITE, THIS IS NOT, MACHINE, PUSH IT, I'M WITH STUPID, LOVE DUMP, GET TO THE GONE, WISCONSIN DEATH TRIP, COLD(INTRODUCED AS THEME SONG FOR MOVIE QUEEN OF THE DEAD) OTSEGO UNDEAD, ...IN A BAG. There may have been other songs but I was pretty buzzed by the end of the show. Decent show in my opinion.

haha. looks like ya had a good time,,,good deal old friend. Ron is getting ready to advertize for another show at teh BLUE MAX. Ill let ya know when it comes around as to who what when, and you already know where.