Hey :rock:

Ramza126

New Metal Member
Apr 8, 2009
Hey. My name's Eoin, I'm 17, 18 in a month's time. I live in Ireland, if anyone has heard of it :lol:

I've been listening to Metal since I was about 12. It all started with Metallica for me. They were the first Metal band I really got into. I used to also like bands like Slipknot(not really metalish), Korn, Linkin Park, P.O.D, Papa Roach. I know a lot of these bands aren't metal at all but take into account this was my first time hearing electric guitars in music :lol:

Metallica were always the band I loved the most. As time went on I started to get into heavier stuff. None of my friends are Metal fans, but that doesn't bother me. They ask me how I can listen to such crap, although they really don't understand music at all. They're the kind that calls Death Metal just shouting :rolleyes:

Anyway, I started to get into heavier Metal about a year or two ago. I started to get into Death Metal and some Metalcore. I never was a fan of loud vocals so Metalcore was kinda like a welcomer for me, if you get me, even though I prefer Death over it anyday.

Some of my fave bands are Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Pantera, Trivium, Meshuggah, Children of Bodom, Mastodon, Lamb of God, Bullet for my Valentine, Chimaira, Machine Head, Kreator, Coheed and Cambria, Iron Maiden, Avenged Sevenfold, SOAD( even though their not really metal), Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, Morbid Angel, Death

Recently, and I mean a few days ago, I started listening to Black Metal. I listened to some Dimmu and some Emperor and I really like Black Metal now. I have a few general questions on it though

1) Who are said to be the best/most influential Black Metal bands? Sorry for being vague

2) What's people's take on Symphonic Black Metal?

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang: