hey whats the worst metal state

Pitiless Wanderer

Jun 14, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
has a metal concert ever, in the history of recorded time, happened in ....North Dakota? What about Wyoming?

Ill tell you the best metal state, would be......MASSACHUSETTS. hardcore fans down there. shows every weekend in worcester....home of the metalfest. :headbang:

Mass is great for metal. Shocking since everything here sucks and all the white kids try to act so thugged out...:Smug:

best metal state is between NJ/NYC area, florida, chicago, and mass. all are great, but i find NJ/NYC has a lot of hidden bands that really stand out. but we also got really shitty bands. you know the bands stuck in the 80s, bands that stick to one sound for 10+ years and go nowhere with it.
FL has some amazing studios where tons of metal bands get recording (morrisound and audiohammer for example)
chicago has their metalfest along with tons of great bands.

"Texas has got to be one of the worst. I cant think of one redeeming quality of this hellhole." - fuck no, i know a bunch of good bands there. the problem is, is that texas is HUGE. and the amount of stuff that comes from there doesn't compare with small states (like NJ/NYC)

I don't know the worst, but i think california is pretty good. sf gets a lot of shows and had and still has some great thrash bands and if a show is only coming to a few stops on a tour it almost always hits la.

Lunar Still said:
Actually, I was just thinking about Montana, since I can't ever recall hearing about a tour going through there. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough?

montana usually gets 1 metal concert a eyar...lately its been an "off ozzfest" show. last year it was Killswitch Engage, Soilwork and As I lay Dying.

We were lucky enough to get the Danzig tour package last fall, I went to that. Behemoth was great. I usually have to fly or drive to concerts now.

(went to washington twice to see opeth this year. )

Dead_Lioness said:
All those square useless middle states in the middle of the country...

(I dont mean to offend anyone who actually lives there..... but my god are those states boring)

All "Hoosiers" (people native to Indiana, and no, nobody knows what it means) refer to Indiana as being in the shape of a boot, but come on, they're just exagerrating because they know its a fucking sock.