hi ! check out my mix (thrash/core?) , all opinions welcome :)

motyl

Jan 31, 2008
Hi guys

I`m attempting to mix bym friends band demo , they recorded tracks at local studio (no DI so i can`t reamp, worse thing they recorded guitars on cheapo randall solidstate head , while engl savage and some other good amps were lying around :puke:). So , here`s the mix , check it and say what I have done wrong , and what i totally fucked up :)

http://www.sendspace.pl/file/1RPq96j2/

Not that bad actually.

The guitars sound really decent, and i definitely hear a Pantera-ish vibe in the guitar sound.

The song is cool... Polish hardcore/metal ? The voice sounds a bit like Max Cavalera at times.

yes , they`re actually big fans of pantera:) Most problems i had with snare , tom and kick bleed on overheads- I`m used to ez and dfh drums , it`s my first attempt to mix stuff actually recorded :).

no DI so i can`t reamp, worse thing they recorded guitars on cheapo randall solidstate head , while engl savage and some other good amps were lying around

that is a friggin' crime. someone should hang. the only good solid state amp worth recording was the Fender Frontman 2x12. then again I was recording hardcore punk rock, so not the highest set of standards musically speaking. but I digress.

This song has a huge sound! I might want to boost the solos a bit so they really stand out (especially the last one), but other than that two thumbs up bro.