Hi Chris got a question about classical guitars

metal_hed

New Metal Member
Oct 6, 2006
How r u doing? i'm new to the site, saw you play on the guitar world cd-rom and was hooked from there. I'm gonna be studying classical guitar at VCU (virginia commonwealth university) and was wondering what a good guitar would be that will last but not really expensive. thank you for your time.

metal_hed said:
How r u doing? i'm new to the site, saw you play on the guitar world cd-rom and was hooked from there. I'm gonna be studying classical guitar at VCU (virginia commonwealth university) and was wondering what a good guitar would be that will last but not really expensive. thank you for your time.
Are you new to classical, or just simple want a new guitar for school?

I'd recommend you just go to a guitar store and see what's avalible for the price you're looking to spend, then report back and do some research on them.

I asked Chris the same question once and he told me he had a student that got a decent sounding classical for $300. Most of the custom ones start at around $5k I believe.

MetalSteph said:
I asked Chris the same question once and he told me he had a student that got a decent sounding classical for $300. Most of the custom ones start at around $5k I believe.

Don't be surprised to see them for less and still be decent.

yeah, with classicals even the lesser-priced ones sometimes sound and feel pretty good... just go try some out in your price range, do some research, and find what works best for ya.