hi-fi speaker help please?

GarethSE

New Metal Member
Jul 5, 2008
so i got tired of my speakers
theres a dodgy connection on the back that i cant keep solid and i keep losing the left speaker and they sound like ass anyway
so i grabbed the speakers from the hi-fi we never use from downstairs and i cant get them working D:

theres 2 wires coming out of the back of each speaker. one wire has an rca connector and one splits up at the end with some bits of bare wiring which clipped into the back of the stereo downstairs.
im sure there must be a way to get this shit working D:

wait
i got something
plugged the rca connectors into the output jacks on the back of my interface, turned it right up and I've managed to get katatonia playing, albeit extremely quietly.
basically inaudible.
must be those 2 bare wire thingies, fuck
:confused:

theres 2 wires coming out of the back of each speaker. one wire has an rca connector and one splits up at the end with some bits of bare wiring which clipped into the back of the stereo downstairs.
im sure there must be a way to get this shit working D:

The bare wire is normally for the main cone and tweeter, the RCA is for the subs (so they're only expecting to receive low frequencies, hence the low volume). If you want to use them like studio monitors, you'll either need to put a jack on the bare wires, or somehow stick the the bare wires to your outputs.

Steve