hi guys

Hi,

I think that bands like Arcturus, Enslaved, Emperor, Windir and Summoning (these first came up to my mind) are higjly respected among Borknagar fans.
Of course it varies from person to person but ...

hello some bands a listen to are edge of sanity, bloodbath, dimmu borgir, dissection, diabolical masquerade, behemoth, kalmah, opeth, katatonia, old mans child, ensiferium those are just some of them to get u started on welcome to the forum

These are the (Metal) bands I've really been getting into over the last few years:

Agalloch
Ayreon
Bathory
Borknagar
Cathedral
Deathspell Omega
Enslaved
Farmakon
Immortal
Iron Maiden
Isis
Katatonia
Megadeth
My Dying Bride
Opeth
Otyg
Sculptured
Solefald
Third And The Mortal
The Gathering
Unholy
Vintersorg

Other than that, I should mention classical French Baroque Music by Marin Marais and Sainte Colombe is fantastic. Also anything released by the ensemble named Hesperion XX / XXI (off thge AliaVox label headed by Jordi Savall)

and what about the amon amarth?
btw thanks for all of zour replies...
and what about debase wolf, satyricon, cradle of filth?
btw is here anyone czech?

perfecterror said:
yeah i just started to like Borknagar... however, i think i only like them because of their vocals:tickled: i like the singing, its nice.
Ironically that's the only thing I don't like in latest Borknagar albums, but looking for Arcturus one in the late summer :headbang:

Otherwise I can add those:

Asgaroth (red shift)
Astrofaes
Belenos
Blut aus Nord
Burzum
Dargaard
Darkthrone (early)
Deathspell Omega
Drudkh
Ildjarn
Lunar Aurora
Lunaris
Mortiis (early)
Nargaroth
Negura Bunget
Peccatum
Primordial
Satyricon (early)
Tenhi
Thorns
Vinterriket
Wongraven
Xasthur

Amorphis (till tuonela album)
Blind Guardian
Control Denied
Cynic
Death
Iced Earth
Running Wild (till 95)
Sorten Muld
Spiral Architect
Therion (till 98)

tastes change everyday... but playing recently in my playlist:

amon amarth
anathema
antimatter
ayreon
bach
britten
deep purple
emperor
ensiferum
glenn hughes
grieg
mozart
pain of salvation
solefald
sturmgeist
tchaikovsky
ulver
windir

joanna said:
and what about the amon amarth?
btw thanks for all of zour replies...
and what about debase wolf, satyricon, cradle of filth?
btw is here anyone czech?

hmmm. Satyricon... I have a problem with this band, in my opinion I find them terribly commercial, same with Cradle of Filth.

I really don't get how Satyricon's "Volcano" beat Immortal's "Sons of Northern Darkness". Immortal totally own Satyricon

Kiss, Slayer, Bjork, Dimmu Borgir, Venom, Jimi Hendrix, No Doubt, the Beatles, Diamanda Galas, Dark Angel, Dreams of Damnation, Mozart, System of a Down, Bach, Emperor, Einsturzende Neubauten, the Mentors...

The list goes on as my CD collection gets bigger - over 800 cds at this point!

AC/DC, Amon Amarth, Arsis, Asmegin, Astarte, Bathory, Behemoth, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, Bloodbath, Borknagar, Burzum, Candlebox, Carcass, Cathedral, Children of Bodom, Coroner, Crowpath, Cruachan, Cryptopsy, Dark Tranquillity, Decapitated, Devin Townsend Band, Dimmu Borgir, Dream Evil, Edguy, Einherjer, Emperor, Ensiferum, Enslaved, Equilibrium, Evergrey, Exhorder, Falkenbach, Fear Factory, Finntroll, George Thorogood, Hagalaz' Runedance, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Immortal, In Flames, Isis, Korpiklaani, Kreator, Lacuna Coil, Leaves' Eyes, Luca Turilli, Manegarm, Manowar, Metallica, Misery Index, Moonsorrow, Mortiis, Motorhead, Nightwish, Nokturnal Mortum, Nortt, Ol Sonuf, Otyg, Ozzy Osbourne, Pantera, Pig Destroyer, Pink Floyd, Poisonblack, Quiet Riot, Quo Vadis, Rhapsody, Rotten Sound, Satyricon, Sentenced, Skid Row, Slayer, Sodom, Soilent Green, Sonata Arctica, Soundgarden, Strapping Young Lad, Suidakra, Taake, Testament, The Red Chord, Thyrfing, Tiamat, Todesbonden, Tristania, Turisas, Type O Negative, Tyr, Ulfur, Vesania, Vintersorg, Vital Remains, Windir, Wongraven, Wyrd, Zyklon, etc etc etc.

Evil Dead said:
crotchduster..the only band you ever need to listen to :):headbang:

Hehe, that band is great.

"VAGIFLAP THE REASON FOR CAIN
THE WAY THAT HE LOOKS IN MY EYE
MAMMAL SAUCE, SO PLEASANTLY FRESH
MY SENATORS VAGINA IN THE SKY"

:D

mevyhetal said:
Hehe, that band is great.

"VAGIFLAP THE REASON FOR CAIN
THE WAY THAT HE LOOKS IN MY EYE
MAMMAL SAUCE, SO PLEASANTLY FRESH
MY SENATORS VAGINA IN THE SKY"

:D

oops, didnt realize a girl made this post. In that case, you don't want to listen to Crotchduster :)

Try Solefald and Minas Tirith for real, they are good :)

The Hubster said:
Other than that, I should mention classical French Baroque Music by Marin Marais and Sainte Colombe is fantastic. Also anything released by the ensemble named Hesperion XX / XXI (off thge AliaVox label headed by Jordi Savall)

saw savall live two summers ago, he's awesome, a new approach to already known (or not so known pieces)... I prefer Italian and German baroque btw :)