hi i'm new and 'remember tomorrow' cover

breathingmetal

April Ethereal
Dec 20, 2004
New Zealand
hello to all the opeth fans on the forum. I just registered. I was wondering how many of you guys are big maiden fans, and what you think of the remember tomorrow cover by opeth? I think they do a brilliant job of capturing the magic of that song.

I thought it was a great cover but unfortunately didn't capture what DiAnno did for it. I also did not like how they put it at the end of a concept album like that; sort of killed the mood presented to us. But a great cover nonetheless.

That was actually the very first Opeth song I ever heard. Definitely a great version of the song, except for the high note Mikael attempts to hit towards the end of the song. Nobody ever said Mikael was a great power metal vocalist...and that proves it.

first off, 1:53-1:58..really doesn't sound like mike. (in remember tomorrow)

i think their cover of remember tomorrow is very good. it is very interesting to hear opeth cover maiden, since it's such a different style. however, i enjoy the original more. i can't think of many covers i enjoy more than the original.

circle of tyrants is cool.

I almost like Dan Swano's "Melissa" better than the original...the piano and the vocals are amazing. But the original has that majestic feel to it that can't be replicated

Don Corleone said:
dont kill me but i prefer opeth's version over the original haha
it's such an amazing song and mikael sounds so good on it

I prefer it too, you can kill me though

All the dogs in my neighbourhood go nuts when Mikael hits that high note.

Dreadful said:
I almost like Dan Swano's "Melissa" better than the original...the piano and the vocals are amazing. But the original has that majestic feel to it that can't be replicated

fuck, he covered that? i really want to hear that. think you could email me that or transfer it through AIM dude? PM me.

I like the cover, sounds really good with the acoustic guitars. I prefer the original version though. The high note is a real turn off and I don't like the solo neither, I think it's too noisy.