Hi there.

Clat'Ha

New Metal Member
Feb 3, 2007
Hello, I am new to Daylight Dies. I came to know them when my friend told me that Katatonia was gonna come to Houston. So I saw they were gonna come with Moonspell and Daylight Dies, never heard of Daylight Dies before so I went and looked em up. First song I listened to was the video, I was blown away. I started listening to more and then the time came for the concert. I wasn't really there for Moonspell but I was ready for Daylight Dies and Katatonia. The concert was amazing but I was jealous for one of my friends because she got to go backstage and share beers with Katatonia and stuff, dont know if she got to hang with DD but I sure wish I could have. All I have to say about the sets they played is......:worship:

I do have one question though, and I feel really stupid for asking, but sometimes stupid questions need answering as well. I am getting close to start buying some DD CDs and I need to know one thing. Does DD have any profanity in their lyrics. I looked up the lyrics and didn't find any but I wanted to be sure, sorry I sound like a 5 year old but I kinda need to know. I know Katatonia for sure does but I only listen to em when I'm with my friend. So if anyone of the band members or some one else on the forum knows, please let me know.

Well, I never noticed some kind of satanic verses as far as I know.
Just lyrics about inner negative thoughts about life, but also the hope that can help to get through theses feelings...

You have to be American btw to ask such questions...:):saint:

Didn't exactly mean satanic, I just meant like dropping F bombs and stuff like that. It doesn't say in the lyrics, but I dont know if its like Agalloch or Nevermore where they just drop one here and there. At least thats what I've seen. Not all over place as if they dont have an imagination for lyrics. I dont care for negativeness or depression lol, its just the cussing and all that stuff. I mean Devin Townsend does it a lot but hes just funny :p

I just dont wonna order something and have my parents make me throw it away, I got Viva Emptiness from Katatonia at the concert in Houston on November 12th. The CD went straight to the trash. Again, sorry if I sound like a 5 year old, I just need to know.

I am American btw :p

I was there at the gig. November 12th at the Warehouse Live for the Nocturnal Mourning Tour (if I spelled that right). I will say that when my friend told me about Katatonia coming I got excited. Then he said Daylight Dies was coming, I had no clue who it was. Then I watched the Lies That Bind video, I loved it, then I started listening to more.

Already knew who Moonspell was but I wanted to go for Daylight Dies and Katatonia. Moonspell was more of a + to me :p If anyone here heard me, when Katatonia finished a song and everything went quiet for a second. I screamed out "I LOVE SWEDISH PEOPLE" like an idiot :p It was truely an amazing show. I guess my next step is to buy the Daylight Dies albums. Also my parents aren't jackassess, they at least let me listen to all that stuff with my friend so its all good. Just on my own is the problem I guess.

Oh, your the dude with the long blonde hair or whatever lol. You got some Moonspell demo or something? I remember, you gave the crazy short girl the pass. Nice to talk to ya again.

Dont think so, but I'll be going to see Killswitch Engage with Dragonforce, I'd like to see em live before I die. Sure Killswitch Engage is just another metalcore band but I like it.

Also on September 9th, Kamelot is coming to town as well. Only thing is that its on my dads birthday. He loves Kamelot and he wants me to order The Black Halo CD already heh, so I guess I could buy him a ticket as a present but I dont know.