Hibria North American Tour - IM P**SED

I remember getting my ass kicked on here a couple of months ago complaining about more Canadian dates than U.S. dates. I think it was in regards to the Stratovarius tour. Oh well, that sucks for you boys!

~Brian~

Sorry my friend, but I think the reason you got your ass kicked on here was because you were pissed because the tour was called "North American" tour, even though there were more shows booked for Canada than the USA.

As much as I'm annoyed because they're not playing in the US, I still firmly agree with all of those Geography books that say Canada is part of North America, and would never complain about that particular fact.

Sorry my friend, but I think the reason you got your ass kicked on here was because you were pissed because the tour was called "North American" tour, even though there were more shows booked for Canada than the USA.

As much as I'm annoyed because they're not playing in the US, I still firmly agree with all of those Geography books that say Canada is part of North America, and would never complain about that particular fact.

Milton, you can't believe everything you read in history or geography books, just like the internet. :p Anyway, I love Hibria, but they should call this tour a Canadian Tour for cryin' out loud. I mean, that's what it is.

~Brian~

Milton, you can't believe everything you read in history or geography books, just like the internet. :p Anyway, I love Hibria, but they should call this tour a Canadian Tour for cryin' out loud. I mean, that's what it is.

~Brian~

:lol: Brian, I actually agree with you on that, it's easy to fall for misinformation. But dude, that was almost like saying the Earth is flat. :lol:

Again, yes, they should call it a Canadian tour. Now, I say we just hope they will actually try to book a few shows in the US. Hopefully in the North. :lol:

Hibria just announced 15 shows in North America for the months of May and June...

ALL IN FUCKING CANADA!!!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

May 26 - Victoria, British Columbia
May 27 - Vancouver, British Columbia
May 28 - Prince George, British Columbia
May 29 - Edmonton, Alberta
May 30 - Calgary, Alberta
May 31 - Regina, Saskatchewan
June 01 - Winnipeg, Manitoba
June 02 - Thunder Bay, Ontario
June 03 - Sudbury, Ontario
June 04 - Toronto, Ontario
June 05 - London, Ontario
June 06 - Ottawa, Ontario
June 07 - Montreal, Quebec
June 09 - Quebec, Quebec
June 10 - Halifax, Nova Scotia
:rolleyes:o_O:zombie::err::ill:

I all reality....any shows with them alone playing and not on a package tour would be a huge loss of money. They only have a very small fanbase here in the states.....that is probably too the ones who post here. Kind of odd that they would even play that many dates in Canada.

Well, that's not exactly true... Brazil gets treated just like any other Latin American country. Understandably, immigration laws are tougher on Latin American countries than Europe or Japan because Latin American people have a tendency of entering the country and never leaving :lol:... But that's true to any developing nation.

Relations between Brazil and the USA are fine, really.... Every now and then you will hear a story about some weird border-related stuff happening... But that's not exclusive to Brazil-USA relations...
Brazil is really serious about the concept of reciprocity... Whatever Brazilian citizens have to go through (and pay for) to get into the US, the same will be applied to an American trying to enter Brazil... When Brazilians started to get their photos and fingerprints taken, americans had to do the same thing in Brazil.... Some Americans didn't like that, it was a minor crisis... Recently Brazil had a problem with Italy and Spain too, so it's not a Brazil-US thing...

It's not that hard to get a tourist/temporary work/student visa if you meet the criteria...The Main thing, when you go do the interview at the american consulate in Brazil, is proving that you have something to get back to: A Job, steady income, a house, a family. Anything that will prove that you won't stay in the US for good... In the case of a temporary work visa, whoever is hiring your services just need to prove it's legit, etc..... It's a pain in the butt, but it's absolutely doable.

Just to add my two cents worth. Having done this twice for MINDFLOW, it is a pain and time consuming, and somewhat expensive, it can still be done, and i would again for them.

The big problem is called "VISA WAVIER COUNTRIES" 27 of them, most in Europe. Brazil has not signed the accord to become a member. Then there are some countries that receive even more preferred treatment, ie Canada, Jamacia, and some other countires. There are other factors involved in getting the visa to come here and play and it is not a temporary work visa it is called a P2 visa(Artist and Performers). Just my two cents worth, but hell I would love to see Hibria play somewhere close to here

The big problem is called "VISA WAVIER COUNTRIES" 27 of them, most in Europe.

"Waiver Countries" is honestly bullshit in the music industry. If a ticket is sold, then an official work visa is required. It does not matter if the band receives anything or even if they pay to play. It does not matter if it is a non-profit event (Nearfest).

As for Brazil, the actual difficul part is getting the consul interview completed and processed. There is defintely a higher level of scrutiny in South America.

"Waiver Countries" is honestly bullshit in the music industry. If a ticket is sold, then an official work visa is required. It does not matter if the band receives anything or even if they pay to play. It does not matter if it is a non-profit event (Nearfest).

As for Brazil, the actual difficul part is getting the consul interview completed and processed. There is defintely a higher level of scrutiny in South America.

You are again correct, i worded it wrong, my bad.

:lol: Brian, I actually agree with you on that, it's easy to fall for misinformation. But dude, that was almost like saying the Earth is flat. :lol:

Again, yes, they should call it a Canadian tour. Now, I say we just hope they will actually try to book a few shows in the US. Hopefully in the North. :lol:

:lol:....I like to give the Canadians hell for some reason. Hopefully, Hibria will tour the states, at least as an opener.

~Brian~

It shouldn't be called a North American tour only because they're only touring one country.

It should be called a Canadian tour...but that's less interesting to people back home.

Well, looking at it that way...

GOD DAMMIT! IT SHOULD NOT BE CALLED NORTH AMERICAN TOUR! CANADA ISN'T EVEN PART OF NORTH AMERICA!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Way to give em' hell man! :lol:

It shouldn't be called a North American tour only because they're only touring one country.

It should be called a Canadian tour...but that's less interesting to people back home.

You know, you're probably right. :lol:

~Brian~