Hidden BQoBD track?

Zivilyn

I'm long winded
Jul 17, 2003
Visit site
Taken from The Iron Maiden Commentary-

"- Rod Smallwood moved to Los Angeles for a while, but had his mushy peas and brown sauce flown-in from a cafe in Huddersfield to LA every morning, and had the Enlish County cricket scores relayed to him where ever he is via his London office every day! The band wrote "The Sheriff Of Huddersfield" about it. He moved back to London, and the band did a track called "Bayswater Ain't A Bad Place To Be", which was a 9 minute hidden track on the Be Quick Or Be Dead 12" single and CD single. "

:OMG:

I've never heard of Bayswater Ain't A Bad Place To Be, and it's not on Kazaa. Who knows anything about it?

I've never actually heard the song, but I remember the band talking about it in '92. Apparently, it was to be included on the album, but after 89 takes, Janick just couldn't get the parts right.....so they opted to only include it on the single.

It's also the reason why they no longer perform "Rime" live - some of the parts are too tricky for Janick.

He does write great songs, however.

SoundMaster said:
I've never actually heard the song, but I remember the band talking about it in '92. Apparently, it was to be included on the album, but after 89 takes, Janick just couldn't get the parts right.....so they opted to only include it on the single.

It's also the reason why they no longer perform "Rime" live - some of the parts are too tricky for Janick.

He does write great songs, however.

Post that on the maiden BB and you will get noob roasted.

I knew I had it somewhere, and know you've reminded me where it is :) Listening to it now. I don't know if SoundMaster was being serious or not, but he's wrong. It's a novelty track.