Hifi stuff

Vilden

From the holy kingdom of Harmonia
Aug 7, 2002
Stockholm, Sverige
So, anyone who has any clue about hifi stuff?

My amp to my stereo has given up and I'm in need of a new one and wondering what to buy.

I'm considering either a NAD C326BEE or a Marantz PM6006 but I don't really know what to think. Is there any other good alternative in similar price range to consider?

I have B&W 685s for speakers if it helps.

I've had a NAD amp before for about 8 years so I know I like them but on the other hand buying a new similar amp feels kind of boring.

So any thoughts?

i have a cambridge audio system, which i basically just have plugged into my computer and ps3. it isn't amazing, but it's pretty good and better than most pc speakers, for example, especially with flac audio.

s793515647862263133_p339_i1_w500.jpeg

I was actually thinking of a Harmon Kardon amp, but they only make recievers nowdays apparently, atleast in my price range.

I went with a Rotel RA-12, which was on sale because a new model is on it's way. Very pleased so far!

Reactions: Satanstoenail
What other equipment do you have, and how is it hooked up?

At this current time, my setup is fairly limited. At the time of building my setup, external noise was a factor so it is largely headphone based in nature. The only external speakers in my system are a failing pair of old 2.1 speakers for my PC. The only way I can listen to vinyl or cassette is through headphones, and since my receiver died I have to hook things up manually. I decided to do things the cheap and practical way so my current hi-fi equipment is basically limited to my Schiit stack (Lyr amp, and a Bifrost DAC for PC output). I tend to prioritize buying music or going to shows these days over hi-fi equipment, but it is getting to the point where I really need a decent speaker option and a receiver to switch between components for external speaker or headphone playback (I dont even have a cd player since I rip all cds in lossless and play them back via PC).

I've been like you most of my life, not really caring for the equipment and just hording music. :p But nowdays I've got so much and have hardly room for more so now when my old amp died I thought it was time to get some real listening gear.
What other equipment do you have, and how is it hooked up
As I posted earlier I've already bought a new amp, the Rotel RA-12. So now my setup is like this:

Rotel RA-12 amp with built in phono and DAC
Denon DP-45f Turntable - connected with stereo cables
NAD Cassette Deck - connected with stereo cables
Pioneer 25 cd changer - connected with optical cable
Samsung TV with cromecast for Spotify - connected with optical cable
2x B&W 685 speakers on speaker stands

The amp's built in phono amp and DAC is of supposedly very high quality, that's why the CD player also is connected digitally.

I'm quite pleased actually, sounds great! I'm thinking of changing the CD player for a standard non-changer as that is apparently better, but it is very convinent and I don't put on actual CDs that often anymore anyway so I dunno.

Picture:
2016-10-26 19.36.30.jpg