hilariously awful album cover art

This cover is so... hmm... eccentric hahaha
But the songs are so fucking good! Love it!

Gamma_Ray_-_Sigh_No_More.jpg

Was a little self-conscious when I finally had the courage to pick up this CD at the store. I remember the cashier giving me a look. Was just a little too young to have enough metal machismo to buffer me from embarrassment.

Pungent-Stench-Been-Caught-Buttering.jpg

Btw, I like that Ozzy cover.

Reactions: zabu of nΩd
Was a little self-conscious when I finally had the courage to pick up this CD at the store. I remember the cashier giving me a look. Was just a little too young to have enough metal machismo to buffer me from embarrassment.

Pungent-Stench-Been-Caught-Buttering.jpg

Btw, I like that Ozzy cover.

A classic. Fun Fact - That is actually one head, sawed in half and posed. The photographer Joel-Peter Witkin uses actual corpses, but has to work in Mexico to avoid prosecution.

And it is not awful, it is superb.

Reactions: Sirjack
I actually like that Therion artwork. It's endearing in some weird sort of way. I've never heard the music (I assume it's not good) but something about that art I like.

I actually like that Therion artwork. It's endearing in some weird sort of way. I've never heard the music (I assume it's not good) but something about that art I like.

You assume wrongly. I wouldn't say it's their best album (that honor would go to Secret of the Runes, imo), but many people do favor it. If you don't like it, chances are you just aren't into symphonic/operatic elements in metal. Which is fine, I guess.