Hiroshima/Nagasaki, Justifiable?

The US had no better option. Of course we didn't know enough about the radiation and how it would kill hundreds of thousands more with cancer for generations after the bomb was dropped

maybe the scientists who made it knew exactly what might happen. so it was like an experiment for them? who knows?
the funny thing is that there is no Japanese ones here to know what do they think about this which i think it's essential for the discussion lol

Its well documented how Oppenheimer felt about the entire thing. It was no fucking experiment, no fucking test on human guinea pigs, it was a "we want this fucking bull-shit over with.... NOW!"

People really need to learn the entire history before they jump to conclusions about things, not just pick and choose the segments they want to suit their need for rebellion of that which they can not change.

Im sick and tired of my country being bashed as the biggest war mongers ever in history.... Christ does anyone know the real waring history of mankind when these topics come up? It seems there is so much selective memory applied when push comes to shove. We have been on the victory end of many battles and conquests started BY OTHERS and have not once taken control of these countries and claimed them as "ours". We have never ventured into a conquest, rather only to suppress the conquest of others.

Its common for those that finish fights to be the ones to take the blame and bare the burdon of guilt. Why? Because they were the last man standing on the scene, while the little weasels that start the bullshit snake their way out of responsibility by the bruises on their face. That and a whole lot of human ignorance, the natural tendency to feel sorry for the underdog, the poor trouble maker that got their ass kicked... boo hoo

Its well documented how Oppenheimer felt about the entire thing. It was no fucking experiment, no fucking test on human guinea pigs, it was a "we want this fucking bull-shit over with.... NOW!"

People really need to learn the entire history before they jump to conclusions about things, not just pick and choose the segments they want to suit their need for rebellion of that which they can not change.

Im sick and tired of my country being bashed as the biggest war mongers ever in history.... Christ does anyone know the real waring history of mankind when these topics come up? It seems there is so much selective memory applied when push comes to shove. We have been on the victory end of many battles and conquests started BY OTHERS and have not once taken control of these countries and claimed them as "ours". We have never ventured into a conquest, rather only to suppress the conquest of others.

Its common for those that finish fights to be the ones to take the blame and bare the burdon of guilt. Why? Because they were the last man standing on the scene, while the little weasels that start the bullshit snake their way out of responsibility by the bruises on their face. That and a whole lot of human ignorance, the natural tendency to feel sorry for the underdog, the poor trouble maker that got their ass kicked... boo hoo

Hear Hear. I find it absolutely asinine when people only talk about the major conflicts that have occurred post WWI, totally forgetting WWI, and the HUNDREDS of other major conflicts that have taken place over say, oh the last 3000 years for example, as if those conflicts have showed us nothing. Not to mention the fact that for some reason the US is the only one that seems to take flak for it yet how many countries are to this day allied and fight the same enemies as the US?

The fact that Japan declared 'total war' negates any potential wrongdoing on behalf of the U.S. and allies.

The whole concept of the possibly of wrong doing is based entirely in emotional plea and bullshit rhetoric. Emotions are irrelevant.

that's plain to answer: FUCKIN NO!!
It isn't!!!!!! :zombie:
there are still children who suffer from the aftermath and are born with cancer.. atomic warfare is also the evilst thing man has ever created and this Insanity should be stopped as soon as possible - but it's obviously that mankind isn't able to learn from mistakes and South korea is still making atom-tests.

@threadstarter: you ever read the human rights??
it's pretty much selfexplanatory that this isn't justifiable!
for no one! neither for environment or mankind it's pure self-destruction..

that's plain to answer: FUCKIN NO!!
It isn't!!!!!! :zombie:
there are still children who suffer from the aftermath and are born with cancer.. atomic warfare is also the evilst thing man has ever created and this Insanity should be stopped as soon as possible - but it's obviously that mankind isn't able to learn from mistakes and South korea is still making atom-tests.

@threadstarter: you ever read the human rights??
it's pretty much selfexplanatory that this isn't justifiable!
for no one! neither for environment or mankind it's pure self-destruction..

:lol: When idealology falls short of reality. Obviously not a clue as to what was going on at the time.

I'd say the boys in Pearl Harbor had the "human right" to enjoy the rest of their Sunday morning and many more to come.... after that its all kiss my ass, eat shit and die

there are still children who suffer from the aftermath and are born with cancer

They are born with cancer all over the world, live and let die.

atomic warfare is also the evilst thing man has ever created and this Insanity should be stopped as soon as possible

No doubt, but imagine if Japan or the Soviets got to use it first, they would have used it aggressively not defensively, think about it would you....
but it's obviously that mankind isn't able to learn from mistakes and South korea is still making atom-tests.
Most all of the civilized world is level headed about all of this, so how about thinking a little about the area(s) seeking nuclear weapons.... do you feel they want them for "defense", "deterrent" or to attack somebody.... DUH!

I have heard there is a general academic consensus that even at the stage when the first bomb was dropped, Japan had already shown indications of being willing to surrender. America was taking the opportunity to test on live targets.

They've blown up civilian air liners from allied countries, protected the most evil people from the torture and mutilation camps in japan that even tested on western prisoners, just to get the information. Clearly trusting that that 'just wouldn't happen' or is a silly conspiracy theory is naive.

Don't accuse me of being a leftie in your response to this though, I am not.

I don't really get what you want to say with "they die everwhere on cancer and we just should let them die who cares" dude but for me it doesn't matter if industrialized countries are aware of the danger of nuclear weapons and aren't thinking about to use it "aggressively" or only for defense. The so called rules can easily be broken and if some country like the US declares "Total war"??!! You can never know what happens in the future and if this nuclear weapons would have been destroyed after cold war or (better) secnd. world war that would have changed things rapidly. Okay I know it's just in the human nature to kill each other, conflicts are everywhere but anyhow we just should learn from our past mistakes Also if there is a country like china where people are getting completely oppressed by the gouvernment. It's absolutely absurd to stop such conflicts throating china to use nuclear weapons if they don't stop with it. what should be the fuckin use?

Sorry on this one I just can't agree with your opinion razoredge even if I wanted..

I don't really get what you want to say with "they die everwhere on cancer and we just should let them die who cares" dude but for me it doesn't matter if industrialized countries are aware of the danger of nuclear weapons and aren't thinking about to use it "aggressively" or only for defense. The so called rules can easily be broken and if some country like the US declares "Total war"??!! You can never know what happens in the future and if this nuclear weapons would have been destroyed after cold war or (better) secnd. world war that would have changed things rapidly. Okay I know it's just in the human nature to kill each other, conflicts are everywhere but anyhow we just should learn from our past mistakes Also if there is a country like china where people are getting completely oppressed by the gouvernment. It's absolutely absurd to stop such conflicts throating china to use nuclear weapons if they don't stop with it. what should be the fuckin use?

Sorry on this one I just can't agree with your opinion razoredge even if I wanted..

Your post makes little sense to me. I dont think English is your language ?

Kids get cancer all over the world, so Im not going to get worked up about them having it in Japan as somehow being my countries fault.

Then if some does stem from the "bomb", they brought it. They were hell bent on "taking over the world", we stopped them. I like these results better than the alternative. Japan profited from their waring acts, this is a strategy of the United States I do not like. I believe that anybody that fucks with somebody else should be pounded down and left to their own device. Not coerced into sympatheitc trade agreements which eventually stabs the backs of your own countries population. So whats to bitch about, Japan won the war in the end.

My comment about live and let die is how I feel about life and death and genetic faults that cause death. Its sad but its life, my mother died at 36, I understand these things.

"The US declares total war" by this I can tell you are not American and most likely brainwashed by some bullshit tales spred around where-ever you live. Much like what must have been driven into the Japanese civilian heads when Japan was finally in threat of US making land on their soil and their people were jumping off cliffs and throwing their babies and children off cliffs rather than face the "evil" United States... well we know the reality of that. Let me remind once again we rebuilt their country and gave them our commercial markets, we did not torture and execute them... as they did our soldiers.... OK ?

Further, and I qoute "During World War II, the Second Army and Chugoku Regional Army were headquartered in Hiroshima, and the Army Marine Headquarters was located at Ujina port. The city also had large depots of military supplies, and was a key center for shipping."

It was a war, Hiroshima was NOT a civilian target and most likely most civilians there were working for their war effort. It is also common knowledge that its Asian fashion to hide their military amounst civilians and use them for human shields. This is something that has made ground war in any Asian countries very difficult for soldiers.

Whos not sorry it came to the end it did ? At the same time it never would have happened had these countries not shown aggression and pushed the entire world up against the wall. Aside from the trade agreements that followed and the tyranical nature of the Soviet government Im quite happy with the outcome of WW II, life on this earth would suck today had European countries and the US fallen to Germany and/or Japan. This is the lesson the rest of the world needs to learn from this past that is reality. The US and stable parts of Europe are not aggressive and have NO desire "to take over the world" we just want the bullshit to stop