Historical footage

ihqkepukka

Nov 26, 2007
Finland
First of all, it was very interesting to watching! As i am kind of new listener and never saw you live so this is good opportunity to see what a GREAT live band Steel Prophet is! Some parts have better sound quality than others, but in the end it doesn't matter that much!

Im really interesting in a song that i heard for the first time there.. there are IA lineup but i dont know the songs name! So whats the name of the song that begins at 23 minutes?? It's kickass!!!:D

I finally descovered that the song is ''Inner voice silenced''. I found out this song as well as some others avaible for listening on the net. The Goddes Principle album rocks.. I didn't imagine it's so tight-prog metal. I love the tittle song, Inner Voice silenced and Parthenogenesis. Others are great also, but this 3 are my favorites so far. I am imagening now how the songs would sound with album production sound.. oh my. Awesome songs, I have to say few words about Parthenogenesis! Steve, how is it possible to make 6.50min song to sound like 11 minute song with such an adventure inside it? Is it magic?:D It's one of the best songs really:)

Wow, thanks for the compliment. For the time, it was one of our best and most melodic songs. I always thought the intro was like Fates warning a little (Spectres era) and then it went to one of those nice acousticy things that was so popular in the 80's. The end is straight Black Sabbath (War Pigs type outro) again by way of Fates 'Epitaph'. In between you have some stuff that I actually wrote and didn't rip off... ;)

Well, this songs are timeless quality, so no matter what generation will hear them, they will be always alive:)

Ohh, and I did some mistake.. there is no tittle track on there, but it was Prophecy Upon Us that is in my top 3 favorite. Reign of Christ and Pennance of Guilt are making top 5 now:D hehh...

You are right,, there is specially some Spectre era feeling here and there, and I checked war pigs again in long time.. hmm. I can hear the influence of it maybe too now!:) But I have to say the last part of the song reminds me more the end of The Secret and the same beautiful thing is also in Passage of Time!:) Am I totally wrong now or I have a point hehhh!:)

Oh.. just in case if there will be some more thoughts about posting great videos to youtube, Parthenogenesis will be my vote!;)

..which can be found only in best restaurants! :D Hehh

Souls without honor is cool too. It's great that you decided to take into new song some older stuff in.. it's like a dessert that can be found on the menu with casserole!:D

I don´t have "The goddess principle" but I got "Shallows of forever" demo compilation and I agree: "Parthenogenesis" is an amazing song. I love "sungazer" too. In spite demos don´t sound good yoo can listen very good ideas and the core of what become Steel Prophet.

If you´re so kind, Steve, I´m curious and I´d like to ask you if you prefer Dave Brooks or Nick Mantis like singer? For me, Nick is a bit better. Anyway, none of them are Rick.

Hey Marco, thanks for your comments. I'd have to say Nick. Dave is a a great singer, but not quite cut out for what we had in mind. Nick was already on that same page with us musically. It fit together very easily. Lyrically, not so much, but his lyrics were interesting.