Hmmm...

Andy_2003 said:
yeah it's a pretty good name too, heh, hey cedarbreed how much of the new album have you heard? can you describe 'violence' ?

I've heard bits of every songs. But it was in a discman and at a gig.
It's a very beautiful, relaxing and atmospheric album from what I've heard. But when the guitars come in, they are heavier than ever !! There are some ultra powerful progressions with heavy riffs and drums, screamed vocals ( track 6) and the last track is a 10 minutes long instrumental beginning with 2 or 3 minutes of piano and then turning into a pagan metal track with ultra fast drums, well the fastest thing Anathema has ever done :) Reminded me of stuff such as Himinbjorg, a pagan black metal band, but i bet noone here knows them :lol:
Basically, what I've heard is extremely dark and soothing on the other hand, but there are REAL ANGRY bits here and there.
Don't expect a metal album though, the natural progression towards infinite purity has reached a further stage on this one :)
Haaa i don't like to speculate but I can't help it. I know i need to hear more of it before i can state anything but I think it's going to be one of the VERY BEST Anathema album ever. And I reckon it's 10 times better than AFTDE, and better than Judgement after a half-listen only :p
Hey last hints, it's an amazingly experimental album, with loads of effects and stuff. Plus Danny,Lee Douglas and the Cavanagh cousin sing on many tracks.
It's just like they crossed all boundaries on that one, doing everything single thing they wanted to do without apprehension.
And I haven't been so crazy after a first listen since Eternity. I wasn't expecting that from this album at all. It's something they've REALLY never done before. I'm flabbergasted.
TAKE IT AS A GOOD OMEN :)

cedarbreed said:
Not REALLY. But the dark atmosphere and electro elements I've heard could remind Lights Out a little

well i hope you don't mean that electro-goth techno stuff...

was it like recently that you heard the album?

tmtk said:
well i hope you don't mean that electro-goth techno stuff...

was it like recently that you heard the album?

Nothing goth in it, don't worry. Neither in Antimatter by the way.
I heard it last friday night.

hmm i didn't mean to try and win the promo but i don't think they'll let me retract my bid :( and Sopel if I'm going to send you a dying wish, the 30mb one I'll have to wait until after 6 to get on a different pay by the minute internet connection, it's cheaper then. The one I'm on now disconnects every 2 hours, not long enough to send that to you