HOLY DIO - A Tribute to Ronnie James Dio

yes, some very good covers/tributes on this collection, and one of the best out there in it's genre. I just wish a version of Stargazer had been included. :erk:

Regardless, there are some great tracks by some great artists here. One of my faves include Neon Knights by Steel Prophet - and I was one of the lucky few who saw them perform this live at PPUSA II with Dirk Thurisch (of Angel Dust) trading lyrics with Rick Mythiasin. That was a great show! :cool: Hanging out with the Steel Prophet guys afterwards was pretty cool too - especially for Patrick (the.lost.hatter), because that was his first real concert.

I also like Children of the Sea and Sign of the Southern Cross - both done masterfully by their respective cover artists. And Hammerfall's cover of Man on the Silver Mountain couldn't have sounded better!

great album. and there's enough material still out there to have a volume 2 and 3!!! :kickass:

I have it and have been listening to Dio since 1981, he is the Godfather of Metal in my opinion and one of my favorites of all time... but I must say that Blind Guardian's cover of "Don't Talk To Strangers" surpasses the original for me...Hansi sings those lyrics with such passion I get goose bumps every time I hear it... and they nail Viv's guitar solo as well...:headbang:

I have it and have been listening to Dio since 1981, he is the Godfather of Metal in my opinion and one of my favorites of all time... but I must say that Blind Guardian's cover of "Don't Talk To Strangers" surpasses the original for me...Hansi sings those lyrics with such passion I get goose bumps every time I hear it... and they nail Viv's guitar solo as well...:headbang:

That's bold and I have to agree. Blind Guardian couldn't have done a better job with that track! :worship:

~Brian~

Awesome album, i have the 2 cd version, Blind Guardian, Solitude Aeturnus, Yngwie Malmsteen, Jag Panzer & Fates Warning have the best performances IMO, you can get a very good version of Stargazer on the Catch The Rainbow tribute cd Henning from Metalium sings it