HOLY MARTYR (Italian epic metal band)

Antioxos

New Metal Member
Aug 27, 2008
Holy Martyr is an Italian epic metal band. Their first official release was in 2007,but they were many years in the underground. Their music influences are bands like Manowar (early period),Iron Maiden, Omen, Manilla Road and Rainbow. Their lyrics are based in History, Mythology and War.

Their first demo cd was ‘’Hatred and Warlust’’. This release had very good reviews and spread their name in the underground. Lots of fanzines described Holy Martyr as one of the best underground metal bands.

Next release was the ep ‘’Hail to Hellas’’(2003).This release is dedicated to the Battle of Thermopyles and the Spartan warriors. The sound is not the best but the passion of this band and the epic feeling is what really counts.

“Vis Et Honor” (2005) was their next release and this time their inspiration was Ancient Roman Empire and Roman Legionaries.

Next album(and full length cd) was ‘’Still at war’’. A great epic metal release with 8 war hymns of true epic metal. Music that makes you feel you are in a battlefield..Marching rhythm, great melodies, lyrics about War, Glory and a Europe that slowly dies..

AVE ATQUE VALE

Once upon a time there was Europe
There were people full of courage and might
There was the honour, there was the pride
Like a fire in the hearts of the men

Where is my Europe? Now disappeared
Star full of brightness in the dark of the night

One land, once might, I’ m searching my Europe
No more shall rise, the flag of the empire

How many heroes, how many fights
And how much blood on this sacred ground

Land of the Fathers, Land of the Culture
Guide of the world since the dawn of time
I see no future, no more tradition
Europe is falling, condemned to die..

Their new release is on 12th September and it’s called ‘’HELLENIC WARRIOR SPIRIT’’.Once again their inspiration is Ancient Greece and the greek warrior spirit. Everyone that is into Epic Metal should check this great Italian band.Bands like Holy Martyr need all of our support.

LINKS
http://www.holy-martyr.com
http://www.myspace.com/hmartyr

hellenic_warrrior_spirit_promo.jpg