holy shite!, my comp has screwed up help!!!

You're spending a good chunk of money on something that can be done for free. Something that can be done very easily for free. Something that's so simple to do for free that no system of morality would be complete unless charging money to do it were wrong. Something that's literally given away on every hard drive sold in a major retailer.

And as I've said more times than I should have to... lots of people doing something doesn't imply that it's a good idea. See: Windows.

Jeff

Haha, well I never said it was a good idea. But, I guess convenience and not having to worry about stuff are worth more to different people.

If you have two hard drives, chances are that you purchased one of them from a store. Chances are very good that this store sold it in a box with instructions and a CD; if not, you probably bought an OEM drive from someone like NewEgg or TigerDirect and know what you're doing anyway. Further, it is certain that the CD contained in this box contained shit that could be done to the drive, and for the bigger brands like Maxtor and Western Digital these CDs have bit-for-bit copying. Convenience and not having to worry about stuff come in the box.

Some people just like to pretend they're solving problems by throwing money at them. This attitude is why most people fail at life.

Jeff

If you have two hard drives, chances are that you purchased one of them from a store. Chances are very good that this store sold it in a box with instructions and a CD; if not, you probably bought an OEM drive from someone like NewEgg or TigerDirect and know what you're doing anyway. Further, it is certain that the CD contained in this box contained shit that could be done to the drive, and for the bigger brands like Maxtor and Western Digital these CDs have bit-for-bit copying. Convenience and not having to worry about stuff come in the box.

Some people just like to pretend they're solving problems by throwing money at them. This attitude is why most people fail at life.

Jeff

And some people can fail at reading directions, thats where prepackaged software comes in, in a matter of 3 clicks the entire image is backed up for cataloging. People in the IT field-not just tinkerers or the overclocking set--the ones truly in the know, understand MOST end users either dont want to be bothered with anything thats more complex than clicking a mouse or dont want to be bothered with the thought process (you were right here by saying Windows). I suggested a easy to use out of the box solution for a problem. Could I have suggested something more robust or even open source-sure I could have but my answer was aiming for ease of use

Yes, I am very well aware that such is the case. I was not arguing that.

I was saying that people would rather spend money to fix things rather than learn, and this is idiocy. I am annoyed.

Jeff