Home from the Hospital...

IAN442

Dec 6, 2005
i just got home this afternoon from an overnight stay at the hospital. i have been fighting a really nasty bout of a virus that affects your capillaries in your skin and joints. it actually stems from strep like symptoms.

i've kinda talked about it a couple of weeks ago, and i've been fighting it every since missing over a month of work. i have to keep my legs elevated a lot which supposedly speeds the recovery time up.

but i was busy monday trying to do some things and i went to lay down on the couch and had a NASTY outbreak of this rash.

think of being bitten by fire ants all over youre entire body. so i went to our ER at the hospital i worked at and they admitted me into the hospital to treat me with morphine for the pain and swelling and also to get me on a strong course of prednisone steroid. i have to take it for about 6 weeks plus.

i have been lucky, this could have attacked my kidneys and renal failure could have occurred but regular blood tests have kept that in check.

im pretty much housebound for another two weeks unless i use an elevated wheel chair to keep my legs up as much as possible to keep my blood warm in my extremeties.

it helps i work there at the hospital in the IT department, they brought me my brand spankin new Dell laptop and wireless was up and running on it so i could do something besides watch tv.

so thats gonna be my new buddy for a while.

off to help care for my two sick middle kids. see ya later tonight

IAN442.

Good luck. That sucks that its hit you so hard. good luck with the laptop. And take it easy. Hope your new laptop didnt have vista on it-lol

relax and enjoy the downtime. hope it clears up for you soon.

downtime.... 3 of my oldest kids got the stomach bug last night, within hours of each other...bleh.

my wife had to work so i happily picked up the slack and i've sanitized a bunch of things to prevent another rapid outbreak like that.

ive been keeping busy though anything i can do with out TOO much standing which is a no no.

i cleaned out the fridge today, and cleaned up all the yucky sheets etc. im also working on some dinosaur computers i have to breathe life into them again as a streaming media device.

and i got a nice big manual wheelchair i have to use to keep the legs up while im out and about.... DALE EARNHARDT COMIN THROUGH MOTHER FUCKERS !!!!

im silent and fast in that chair i don't screw around...my baby boy likes to ride in my lap with me.... any way enough for now,,, im following the iran uk shit to see what gonna go down.

Bump.... and a little warning about medication.

I was readmitted to another hospital friday morning, i burst a vessel in my stomach, and coughed up 400 cc of blood and went into shock.

My mom said i was close to needing a transfusion to stabilize me.

i get scoped today.
:)

prednisone, and aleve and oxycodone don't mix well.

Bump.... and a little warning about medication.

I was readmitted to another hospital friday morning, i burst a vessel in my stomach, and coughed up 400 cc of blood and went into shock.

My mom said i was close to needing a transfusion to stabilize me.

i get scoped today.
:)

prednisone, and aleve and oxycodone don't mix well.

Damn man you are having the shittiest luck, and I thought my wife was the unluckiest woman alive-lol

Get better and go easy

I dodged a big bullet yesterday...

no ulcer, no more bleeding, but my stomach is irritated pretty raw.

the bedrest has done wonders for the skin rash.

Hope to head home today.

Thanks EE.