Home Recording Setup

umdebaba

Napoleon-theSinister{}
Jan 1, 2003
texas
Visit site
Well I want to start a decent home recording studio and I'm wondering what I should get. Right now all I really have is the computer part and I'm looking for suggestions on the computer and also equipment that wouldn't be too pricey. This is the computer setup I have right now.

AMD Athlon64 3400+
1 gig Kingston pc 2700 ram
120 gig SATA 7200 rpm harddrive
Soundblaster Audigy 2 zs, which the drivebay no longer works :(
Cubase SX 2
Native Instruments GuitarRig
Crappy mic
Amp got robbed
Shitty guitar

Going to be doing mid range death vocals also a few screams ala Dark Tranquillity. So I need a recommendation for a mic, amp, guitar effects, and sound card/interface. Thanks!

I am assuming you are on a tight budget. You can get an SM57 for both vocals and guitars. Get EMGs, I always think EMGs bring the BEST out of your guitar. Save money for a better guitar and a real amp.

Lest we forget: Maxon OD-808. It will be the best 120 dollars you have evet spent. By the way this is still a lot of money. SM57 90 dollars, EMGs 150 dollars(although you can just get the bridge for now, if you are really tight on the budget) and Tubescreamer for 120 dollars. 360 dollars is a good amount of money and if you don't know how to install pickups yourself, you are going to be fucked by a guitar tech.

My suggestion would be to also get separate hard drive for the audio files. Should make things a bit smoother and faster when the programs and audio files are on separate drives. By that I mean at least you'll get more tracks.