Homeless people 'driven' to register and vote for Obama; All they want is a sandwich

The Ozzman

Melted by feels
Sep 17, 2006
In My Kingdom Cold
http://www.nypost.com/seven/10062008/news/nationalnews/homeless_driven_to_vote_obama_132395.htm

CLEVELAND - Volunteers supporting Barack Obama picked up hundreds of people at homeless shelters, soup kitchens and drug-rehab centers and drove them to a polling place yesterday on the last day that Ohioans could register and vote on the same day, almost no questions asked.

The huge effort by a pro-Obama group, Vote Today Ohio, takes advantage of a quirk in the state's elections laws that allows people to register and cast ballots at the same time without having to prove residency.

Republicans have argued that the window could lead to widespread voter fraud because officials wouldn't have an opportunity to verify registration information before ballots were cast.

Among the volunteers were Yori Stadlin and Vivian Lehrer of the Upper West Side, who got married last week and decided to spend their honeymoon shepherding voters to the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections.

Early today, Stadlin's van picked up William Woods, 59, at the soup kitchen of the Bishop Cosgrove Center.

"I never voted before," Woods said, because of a felony conviction that previously barred him from the polls. "Without this service, I would have had no way to get here."

So, convicted felons can vote now?

Effin liberals piss me off. That's ridiculous. Add those homeless to all the illegal aliens which will probably be voting for the mESSIAH and this election is a scam. Left wing, liberal, selfish, arrogant, entitlementarian, bigoted, hypocritical bastards!

711px-Block_of_Muenster_cheese.jpg

Effin liberals piss me off. That's ridiculous. Add those homeless to all the illegal aliens which will probably be voting for the mESSIAH and this election is a scam. Left wing, liberal, selfish, arrogant, entitlementarian, bigoted, hypocritical bastards!
Yeah Republicans never do anything like this. They have never disenfranchised black voters or redrawn congressional districts so that minority groups are split up.

Oh wait.

Abe Lincoln freed the slaves and it wasn't because he was against slavery. It was just a political maneuver to prevent one of the European powers at that time from entering the Civil War

Abe Lincoln was also a junior Senator when sworn in to the White House, so if you're saying Obama isn't "good enough" because of experience, I lol @ you.

Abe Lincoln was also a junior Senator when sworn in to the White House, so if you're saying Obama isn't "good enough" because of experience, I lol @ you.

Wow, I never said that. Good thing. I don't wanna be loled @.

Why don't you listen to me?

I said Obamaites who may previously felt experience was a good thing, suddenly seemed to have changed their minds. Experience is not a non-issue, but it is not the only issue.

I say No to Obama because I disagree with him. This is politics, and I am not mesmerized by Obama as so many seem to be. I don't know why you people find it so hard to understand that we all don't think alike.

I say No to Obama because I disagree with him. This is politics, and I am not mesmerized by Obama as so many seem to be. I don't know why you people find it so hard to understand that we all don't think alike.

I for one am certainly not "mesmerised" by Obama. I freely acknowledge his flaws - although I realise that plenty of people on the forums (*cough cookie cough*) avoid doing so. This does not change the fact that Obama's policy views make far more sense than McCain's.

After the first debate, I am a little less concerned about the possibility of Obama becoming president. But I still disagree with him on most things.

I am constantly amazed at how Republicans and Democrats are both so convinced of their political world view, and they each see the other as lacking some basic level of intelligence that makes them blind to the truth. As adamant as any one of you liberals/Democrats are about how you see things, realize that there are conservatives/Republicans who feel just as adamant, and that you are both likely wanting what is best for the country.

The difference isn't the intelligence level of the politicians; it's the intelligence level of their voting bases.

After the first debate, I am a little less concerned about the possibility of Obama becoming president. But I still disagree with him on most things.

I am constantly amazed at how Republicans and Democrats are both so convinced of their political world view, and they each see the other as lacking some basic level of intelligence that makes them blind to the truth. As adamant as any one of you liberals/Democrats are about how you see things, realize that there are conservatives/Republicans who feel just as adamant, and that you are both likely wanting what is best for the country.

When the conservative world view includes things like:

1) denying the rights of homosexuals and pregnant women,
2) denying the effectiveness of universal health care,
3) blindly cutting taxes regardless of how horrible our budget deficit is, and
4) letting businesses run rampant at the expense of the environment and communities vulnerable to industrial activity,

I think we're quite justified in questioning that worldview - or at least the way it is currently represented by the Republican Party.

When the conservative world view includes things like:

1) denying the rights of homosexuals and pregnant women,
2) denying the effectiveness of universal health care,
3) blindly cutting taxes regardless of how horrible our budget deficit is, and
4) letting businesses run rampant at the expense of the environment and communities vulnerable to industrial activity,

I think we're quite justified in questioning that worldview - or at least the way it is currently represented by the Republican Party.

Nobody is denying the rights of gays. They can be as gay as they want. Pregnant women? How about the rights of the human inside them? How about personal responsibility? Canada shows us that universal health care is not a perfect system and the answer to all of our woes. The idea is to cut takes and reduce government presence, and allow people to take care of themselves.

I am not trying to argue the points above, I am just giving examples of how people see things differently. If you think you have nothing to learn, you have a lot to learn.