hooray for impulses. (podx3, S2.0)

Cyanide_Anima

yooveesevenbeekay
Apr 14, 2005
everrot, WA
i started messing around with some impulses finally. after using the pod strait for years. sweet. this is a nice test for what muh bands demo could possibly resemble, soundwise, rofl. pretty ruff. especially the drums! haha. guitars are pretty raw, just high pass. there's some synths in there, probably too low in the mix tho. the impulse is michrich's orange impulses. they fucking rule for the sound im aiming for. i think im getting closer to the sound in my head, but my brain is fried, so i'll have to listen in a couple days and check it out.

Finl Thot
lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7540931&q=lo
hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7540931&q=hi

thanks man! its the big bottom model (big suprise! lol) and the fx boost. man, i gotta retrack them guitars, rofl. kinda slopp. well, i guess they're ok for 3 month old strings. and a .50 gauge for the low Bb. man im glad to be outta the cast and able to play again! now i just gotta relearn to play guitar!

thanks guys! it'll sound better when i'll be able to play it tight again! its like i got a new fucking hand right now and its weirding me out! what you guys think of the drums? S2 is still making me wanna drown puppies. either i get a beefy kick with little cut and high end, or a clicky cutting kick that's thinner than Calista Flockheart. there is no inbetween! fuuuuuuck. what bout you Marcus? get your ass in here and help me! rofl.

no one else? hahaha.

ok. i updated the mix. some changes on the guits. bit more high end. and the kick got a bit more 8.4k. and i smashed it quite a bit harder since everyone seems to like loud ass masters! though i tried to keep a little bit of pumping in there to breathe. improvement? or should i quit and wait for the ENGL to arrive? haha (though i will re-track like all of my songs anyways with it!)

Sounds good man, too scooped for my tastes, but it's got great body! (maybe a bit too much honestly, feels a tad muddy) Also, the kick could really come up IMO (maybe that's where the mud is coming from, it's kinda omnipresent and hard to nail down - is there a bass guitar in this also?)

Oh my god, those synths are seriously almost imperceptible though, crank 'em up! :D

thanks guys!
yer the mud is the kick! its got mucho <80hz and its shitting all over the bass, and the lowend from the guits (the little thats left of it anyways, lol) and is 'rubbing' with the bass i think...but if i bring the low end out from the kicks they sound so wimpy i wanna barf. and everything pokes out too much. have i mentioned i hate the S2 kicks btw? cus i do. they suck mule penii. rofl.
the phaseyness comes from loading the impulses into Space Designer, im sure. it always sounds kinda phasey. but until i get something better, it'll have to do! then again, it could be my shit playing! i gotta practice my ass off now, crap. 6 weeks in a cast and 2 weeks in a splint fucks your shit up!

The guitars are way too scooped IMO and they are also a little boomy, but not bad otherwise. I'm not liking the sound of the kick drum and it needs to be louder as well. The synths also need to be much louder.

The sound is frakkin awesome for a POD! I have to try impulses with my POD someday... A bit boomy, but than can be tamed with some eq or mb-compression.
I don't like the drum sound, though. Sounds very drum-machinesque.
Great riffing BTW.
OK, you say you didn't play tight? You should hear me playing such stuff... :erk: