"Hope leaves" main Riff Stretch.......!!!

They use a capo on the 2nd fret, but you still have to reach from the 5th (7th without capo) to the 1st (3rd without capo).

Moonstruck said:
They use a capo on the 2nd fret, but you still have to reach from the 5th (7th without capo) to the 1st (3rd without capo).

Exactly........I do use a capo too........O well..Ill keep workin on it.....I rmemebr.......when I was learnin NEM by 'tallica..........its intro has a similar stretch.I had problems......but now I can play it..so I guyess some practise shall remedy my confuision...........look at me Im tlakin in Opeth-ebonics.......hahahah........!!!!!......PEAC EOUT

Alternative 3 said:
I was sure of that as well, thats why i never tried to learn it, as i dont ahve a capo.

you can make a capo with a metal pencil and a rubber band, you put the pencil on the strings, and grab it through the neck with the rubber band, you must tense it up so it can do it's job. try it ;)

Moonstruck said:
Ah well, they last for a lifetime.

yeahp, that's true. you can make it as i said before when you have an emergency and don't have anything else close to that, but finally you buy a capo for the comfort's sake of it... so it's not an investment, it's a tool that makes you life easier than before. :hotjump:

;)