Hope Leaves

Nov 20, 2006
Chicago
Is this anyone's favorite song from Damnation? I think it's mine, but it seems to get overshadowed by Windowpane, IMTON, and Closure. It's such a pretty little song, and I'm wondering why they rarely play it live. Mikael himself said it was "one of, if not his, favorite" from Damnation on the Lamentations DVD.

Discuss.

They probably don't play it live much anymore because IMTON and Windowpane are definitely the "favorites" on Damnation, not to mention that song probably has a deeper meaning now with the loss of his grandmother during the recording of D/D...it's definitely my favorite off of Damnation, however.

Hope Leaves is really good, but I think I like every song in Damnation. Can't really mention any favourites from there.

damnation is really good album.hope leaves is one of my fave song on damnation.i love this song.it's too deep and it makes me think.

^ Yeah same for me. But then again every song is just so good. It's so cool they decided to write an album like that, doesn't happen very often in the metal scene, and who better to do it than Opeth. Suuuuuuperb album.

I agree that every song from Damnation is pure gold (even Weakness, which I never cared for until recently). The whole album has a certain vibe that I just love. Perhaps it comes from the great bass and drum interplay?