closure into Hope leaves

BurningSky

rxbandits.com
Jan 13, 2004
www.myspace.com
wow...... it just rocks and rolls then all the sudden its "hope leaves"... i guess it had to be on purpose, but who thinks the irony was a good idea... personally i think closure sounds sweet live when they rock out and end the song, instead of just ending randomly. Hope leaves is one of my favorite Opeth songs so it starting up after closere is aweome, but the random ending, im not sure how i feel about it. what do you guys think?

I quote some guy here: "Don't you get the irony? Closure has no closure!"

:D

I think it's nice, but the live version is better. The one in the DVD, that is, I don't know if the do that all the time.

Kinda off topic for this thread, but I thought Death Whispered A Lullabye rocked a lot harder on the DVD than on the album or when I saw them on the Damnation tour. Fucking kickass song, album, dvd, tour, band,etc.

That ending has kind of bugged me, but not nearly as much as how almost every other track on Damnation fades out.. fade outs bug me greatly. It's almost like someone sat around and said "Damn, I can't think of how to end this song.. oh well, let's fade out." That applies to any band.