Damnation special edition?

Deserted

Nov 5, 2002
Åsa, Sweden
www.deserted.cjb.net
on the official opeth homepage I read this under 'archived news':

5 songs + a short instrumental has been cut for the heavy album + another 10 done for the more mellow record.

do you think there will be a special edition of Damnation with 10 songs on it because.......

1. Windowpane
2. In my time of need
3. Death whispered a lullaby
4. Closure
5. Hope leaves
6. To rid the disease
7. Ending credits
8. Weakness

...this is NOT 10 songs

by the way: Still Life is released in a digipack 17/3 (read on Peaceville.com)

BTW I agree about bonus tracks spoiling albums, but this only applies sometimes, for example on Morningrise. The album is supposed to end with that last note of To Bid You Farewell. I hate it when Eternal Soul Torture follows it cause it ruins the entire atmosphere, I have to stop the cd myself as soon as TBYF ends.

Savatage's Poets And Madmen is kinda ruined by the live bonus track, even though it's a good track, it really doesn't fit in with the rest of the album.

Some albums like the Judas Priest remasters, Halford's Crucible or Helloween's Walls Of Jericho have good bonus tracks that work well with the rest of the album.

At least they can put half a minute space before the bonus track. I hate to throw myself on the CD-player to shut it of before the super shitty bonus (?) tracks starts off.

Bands always record more stuff than they need. You people are looking too far into this matter for really no reason. They recorded ten songs, and decided to put the 8 they felt more comfortable with on the album.

Maybe they'll throw that new Iron Maiden cover on. I hope so, I don't know where the hell else I'll ever hear it if they don't put it on something. Depends if it'd even fit stylistically, I guess.

If anyone has no idea what I'm talking about, I'm PRETTY sure in an interview one of them mentioned recording it (I forget which song) during the sessions.

Bonus tracks always kill an album, yes. Bonus discs are good, but probably cost an extra nickel so that's why the boner songs are tacked on to the end of the original CD.

yeah,im pretty sure that it was lopez who mentioned the iron maiden cover on the UM interview.He said that they did it during the deliverance sessions.

Actually,havent they already done a Maiden cover which is now a bonus track on the MAYH reissue.So DID they record another Maiden cover,or did they do a cover of abother band.