Horror DVDs

Watched Alone In The Dark a couple of weeks back...worth thing I have seen in a long time. Don't waste a small part of your life as I did.

The other night we watched Tamara, which was rather good. If some of the b-grade elements were done away with it would have been very good indeed, but still worth watching.

Hasn't been much horror around here of late!

Went to see Turistas here in KL today. It wasn't bad actually, but I'm getting a bit sick of seeing really graphic sadistic stuff. I considered walking out at one stage, but stuck with it.

In the Woods with Bruce Campbell. A little like Suspiria ala boarding school and witches. You can put it on your list as as a horror worth seeing.

I finally have copies of Anatomie and Anatomie 2 after SBS showed them both in the same week. Still haven't got around to watching them though.

I bought a subtitled Italian language version of Argento's Sleepless from Ebay recently. Suspiria and Deep Red are next on my list, along with the Region 1 version of Angel Heart.

W

Anatomie wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Haven't seen Anatomie 2.

The remake of The Wicker Man is apparently one of the worst films ever.
hahah!

Yeah, i was a little let down with Anatomie, I havent bothered with the second either.

Not strictly horror, Wilderness, but it has plenty of gore and clever kills.

Dog soldier's Sean Pertwee plays the prison guard responsible for looking over the young criminals who've been sent to an island for "bonding" but end up the victims of a murderous fellow with a pack of dogs.
The film's interest lies in the the interaction between the boys in a Scum, Lord of the Flies kinda vibe.

Being set on an island in the woods with dogs and Pertwee will bring Dog Soldiers parrallels but this film isnt as good as DS. However, the film holds your interest as you are never really told which the characters commited which crime in the past, bar one. For that reason alone it takes a little while to figure out who to cheer for and is there really a hero present?