Hotel recommendations from attendees

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Heya guys/gals.

Besides The Fairfield and Best Western, I'm looking for good experience Hotel recommendations from places you have stayed at. If you could list them in this thread that would be perfect. Also if you could mention approximately how far you had to walk/marta from there to Earthlink that would be great. Thanks!

At PPIII, we stayed at the Hampton Inn, which had very nice rooms and was only a few blocks south of Earthlink.

Actually, I prefer staying there to The Fairfield...but The Fairfield is where all the action is.

Rock on!

I've stayed at Hampton's both times I went. Good location, and the price is right ;). No big party action or anything though.

For PP III and PP IV I stayed at the MidTown Super 8.... VERY VERY VERY affordable... nothing fancy at all, but it's not a bad place.... this year we may hit the Fairfield though....

Oakenson said:
Which is why I recommend the Hampton Inn ;)
And is also a large reason I'll be staying there again this year. After an 11+ hour drive and a kick ass evening of metal, I need to recouperate, not party :D.

The Residence Inn, Midtown, right up the hill from Earthlink, with a (mostly)covered, walk-through shortcut.

Closer than the Fairfield, cheaper than the Granada, and nicer than both.

I've stayed there every year except the first in Atlanta, and I recommend it highly.

Kez

Riceloft said:
And is also a large reason I'll be staying there again this year. After an 11+ hour drive and a kick ass evening of metal, I need to recouperate, not party :D.

Haha - very true! I find the hotel to be quite relaxing and I also like the breakfast buffet.

Deron, I stayed at the Hampton Inn last year and had a good experience. I wouldn't mind being a little closer to the venue, but a little walking never hurt anyone! In addition, I highly recommend checking out Deron's website, MetalAges.com! I recently purchased a Kamelot CD and a Theocracy t-shirt, and had an excellent buying experience! Metal Ages is highly recommended!

I did some online checking and made a phone call.....the Fairfield and Residence Inn are both booked up every weekend through 9/18.

I think there is some big basketball thing at the college around that time right? I know there was last year.

edit: every weekend in September.

kellsco said:
I did some online checking and made a phone call.....the Fairfield and Residence Inn are both booked up every weekend through 9/18.

I think there is some big basketball thing at the college around that time right? I know there was last year.

edit: every weekend in September.

I'm doing what I can to check it out, as soon as I can access my Visitor's Bureau account I'll let everyone know. My guess, though, is that it will open up the closer to Sept we get (especially if people were booking for a date-unknown event). If it's basketball, those two would surprise me (they usually stay over in the convetion hotels downtown).

I think the problem with the room situation is that a lot of people went and booked blindly without even knowing when the event really is which is going to cause a major problem when the date is announced.
Good luck to the rest of us who decided to wait....

am_ash2 said:
I think the problem with the room situation is that a lot of people went and booked blindly without even knowing when the event really is which is going to cause a major problem when the date is announced.
Good luck to the rest of us who decided to wait....

That's another possibility. I just want to make sure if it's otherwise.

You keep us posted Freak! I'm hoping Glenn is holding them until the date is announced so that everyone has a fair chance to get a room. *fingers crossed*