Hotel recommendations from attendees

K. I finally had a moment to further check into this. I called the hotel directly and I was told that the rooms were showing up as booked online as it was so early in the year. They had not been officially released. I was assured that they would show up shortly, and not to worry, they were not booked up. They confirmed this for the Fairfield as well as the Residence Inn.

They were as perplexed as I was as to why the main reservations folks did not know this information when I called them. hmm.

So no worries peeps. We are just excited early birds! :D Well.....I am anyway since I was the one online checking! :oops:

BABS said:
That's good to know Kellsco, I was afraid we'd all be sleeping in a van down by the river (lol).
0022.jpg

My name is Matt Foley and I'm a motivational speaker.

kellsco said:
K. I finally had a moment to further check into this. I called the hotel directly and I was told that the rooms were showing up as booked online as it was so early in the year. They had not been officially released. I was assured that they would show up shortly, and not to worry, they were not booked up. They confirmed this for the Fairfield as well as the Residence Inn.

They were as perplexed as I was as to why the main reservations folks did not know this information when I called them. hmm.

So no worries peeps. We are just excited early birds! :D Well.....I am anyway since I was the one online checking! :oops:

Good to hear - I was another one freaking out! But I thought I reserved a room earlier than this last year. Maybe not.

kellsco said:

Kellsco, are you sure about that? I did some checking of other Fairfields in Atlanta and rooms are available in September. I have a feeling that rooms are booked already. Just my opinion.

I have never booked a room ahead of time. We just go and find one thurs afternoon no prob....Bestwestern the first time, it was ok. The Hampton 3-5 and will go back for 6. that is the way to go.

Does anybody know which Hampton is the one near the venue? Seems the address posted on the website for the Earthlink is incorrect. When I type the address in I always get a "can not find listed address" message.

Thanks...

eppst1 said:
Does anybody know which Hampton is the one near the venue? Seems the address posted on the website for the Earthlink is incorrect. When I type the address in I always get a "can not find listed address" message.

Thanks...

You will want the middtown one, just called and got the rooms for my group. after playing hunt for the number for a number of hours.

tine984 said:
You will want the middtown one, just called and got the rooms for my group. after playing hunt for the number for a number of hours.

Hampton Inn Atlanta-Midtown
1152 Spring Street NW
Atlanta, Georgia 30309

This one? ^^^

Last year I stayed at the Residence Inn, the one further south though, I think near 10th Street (right next to Charlie Gs). Very nice place once we got power back. It's a bit of a walk though, so if you don't have a car it's a bit inconvenient. After standing so many hours it's not fun. This year I'm staying at the Granada.

Irene

MetalAges said:
Heya guys/gals.

Besides The Fairfield and Best Western, I'm looking for good experience Hotel recommendations from places you have stayed at. If you could list them in this thread that would be perfect. Also if you could mention approximately how far you had to walk/marta from there to Earthlink that would be great. Thanks!

MetalAges said:
Heya guys/gals.

Besides The Fairfield and Best Western, I'm looking for good experience Hotel recommendations from places you have stayed at. If you could list them in this thread that would be perfect. Also if you could mention approximately how far you had to walk/marta from there to Earthlink that would be great. Thanks!

Deron ... I also stayed at the Residence Inn and it is really nice. A little more expensive but they have a fridge, stove, pots and pans, ect. Well worth the extra cash; and it's really close to the Earthlink.

Mike.

Two weeks ago I checked all the weekends for the Fairfield in September and they all had openings. Four days later I went to book the rooms and the first 3 weekends in Sept were fully booked...