Hotels

Anon138

Feb 6, 2004
I was just wondering if there are any hotels within stumbling distance of the venue. I'll probably be too drunk to do any driving!!!

AND the Granada and the Fairfield are where the bands stay at. Theres no other way to get memories like partying with Vanden Plas at 4 AM or stumbling in on Mikkel from Mercenary asking for an autograph as hes trying to score with a chick, or even walking into Secret Spheres room and getting autgraphs while theyre all in bed, ha.

Ben

Creeps said:
We stayed at the REsidence last year.. it's also very close. Picture walking out of the venue across the street.. 1 block thataway and the hotel's right there
Word to that. It's also a NICE hotel, unlike the Granada, which is a shithole.

If it's crucial to be "party central," the Granada is where you want to be. If a nice spacious room that's significantly cheaper and has modern amenities is more important, go elsewhere.

Residence Inn ruled last year... they were a littttle expensive (not Grenada expensive) but the room was very nice. And I recently got a job with the airlines and Residence was the only hotel in the area that had better rates for Airline employees.

\m/

Daybreaker said:
AND the Granada and the Fairfield are where the bands stay at. Theres no other way to get memories like partying with Vanden Plas at 4 AM or stumbling in on Mikkel from Mercenary asking for an autograph as hes trying to score with a chick, or even walking into Secret Spheres room and getting autgraphs while theyre all in bed, ha.

Ben

Yeah, we always stay at the Fairfield. It's not glamorous, but you do get to see the bands there. Some of my favorite moments were from PPIII, when Threshold stayed at the Fairfield. Jon and Johanne were wandering around on the corner down the street from the Fairfield when we walked by after arriving at the Marta station. They stopped us and asked if we knew where the Fairfield was, so we said, follow us! The funny part was that my husband didn't recognize them and asked them where they were from! Sunday morning after their performance, I saw Mac, Richard, and Karl at breakfast and chatted with them--not an experience you get at most concerts, that's for sure--really terrific. That's one of the very best aspects of ProgPower, the opportunity to actually meet and talk with bands that you've been listening to for years.

My vote's for the Residence Inn too --- nice spacious rooms with kitchettes that are slighly upscale and still cost $89! It is very close (2 minute walk - closer than the Fairfield!) to the venue as well - and right next door to a Starbucks! :)

Cheers!

Is the show in a decent area? I just have bad memories of several near-confrontations at last year's BW&BK fest. Not the most pleasant area! I"m from NY, but having groups of angry/drunk homeless men randomly pick fights with people was a new one to me.

Maureen

Maureen said:
Is the show in a decent area? I just have bad memories of several near-confrontations at last year's BW&BK fest. Not the most pleasant area! I"m from NY, but having groups of angry/drunk homeless men randomly pick fights with people was a new one to me.

Maureen
That's just Cleveland. And it was nothing for a NY'er.

To answer your question, Earthlink Live and the hotels are all in a decent area.

Another cool moment from staying at the Fairfield: Walking back to the hotel with Jasun from Zero Hour one night. Me and my friend were walking there from the Granade when we heard a "hey guys wait up" and up trots this dude in a hoodie and lo and behold its Jasun! Hahhaha, another one just hit me, one night last year I came in and the lobby was empty and I see gunter from Vanden Plas and go "Gunter?" He looks up startled and looks around and goes, "Yes?" And I thrust my sleeves at him and ask him if hed sign them and he seemed shocked. He started to smile and then happily proceeded to sign. I'm sure almost every one has cool memories from Fairfield Granada madness. BTW Threshold were at the Fairfield? FUCK! I was looking for them ALL weekend. Damn.

Ben

Fuck, Super8 fucking rules!! Nothing beats the fact that you pay less than 100 bucks per person for 4 days... That means more money left to spend at the show!!!!! \o/

AngraRULES said:
Fuck, Super8 fucking rules!! Nothing beats the fact that you pay less than 100 bucks per person for 4 days... That means more money left to spend at the show!!!!! \o/

That's right we stayed there last year. Its nice and affordable if you're travelling on a budget.

pp4 for some people bailed out on me:rolleyes: so I ended up paying like 70 bucks for all 4 days.

At pp3 I believe I paid 35 bucks for the entire fest.
I am all about sharing the room with as many people as possible . Sleeping on the Floor? No problemo. :D
at Prog Power 3 I think we split a room between 6 or 7 people LOL