House of 1000 Corpses

Valofvalhalla

Cessation Of Life
Mar 28, 2002
www.cessationoflife.com
I was just curious to see if there are any Rob Zombie fans who saw this great B movie? I was bored on Saturday and bought it. Just watched it yesterday. I thought it was a scream.(no pun intended) lol. Zombie has a brilliant mind! IMHO, at the end, they should have left the last girl standing on the street hitchhiking......good segway to a sequel.

Your thoughts?

Testament Legions said:
I have not seen it yet, but was considering buying it. Is it way campy? How is the gore?

Total Classic Very Campy. Typical for a B. You should get it and pass it around to the guys. :) As far as gore goes, try watching them cut off an arm and then shove the fingers of it in the guys nose. lol. There is a story to it and wait till you see the size of Karen Black. Remember her? I was dying laughing when I saw her. And then, there is Tiny. Okay? I won't give away anymore. Take a look at one of Zombie's inside sleeves and check out the drawings. You will see those characters alive in this movie.

some consider a "b" movie a cult classics. Funny gore shit with corny plots etc. It's hard to explain. Others call it the worst shit on Celluloid. Today, B movies really never get their feet off the ground in the theatres but sell like crazy on VHS or dvd. Do a search on B Movies and you will get the idea.

http://www.bmonster.com/index.html You get the idea?

Just got it last night. Very very gorey [sic?], but I think it might be edited from the version that was in theaters. Very 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre'esque. Plot was pretty crappy (certainly nothing original), but the cinematography, set design, costumes etc were excellent. I think rob makes a much better director/producer than screenplay writer.

hiddenlegions said:
Hell yeah Phantasm (the first one) is a fav of mine. House of 1000 Corpses was pretty good for a B movie. I dig B movies. Rob Zombie did a good job.

Hidden, did you sit through the whole intro before watching the movie? If you didn't then it's a must. LMFAO! "Hey Shit on The Couch" <efg>

Atropos said:
Just got it last night. Very very gorey [sic?], but I think it might be edited from the version that was in theaters. Very 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre'esque. Plot was pretty crappy (certainly nothing original), but the cinematography, set design, costumes etc were excellent. I think rob makes a much better director/producer than screenplay writer.

I have to agree, I love the way the picture changed while you were looking at it. Edited as in? Because on the cd you can check out deleted scenes etc.