House of Lords, anyone? If you like your 80's Hard Rock, can't get better than this..

templeofmax

Aug 13, 2009
Been listening to their discography again, and these guys are amazing, especially the torch carrier of the band name, the great James Christian!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwyucNrHCZg&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFkOlW4-754&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the band a lot. The latest album Big Money was a disappointment though especially the flat as a pancake production. James Christian has the kind of gravelly voice that impacts upon the listener straight away and is one of those singers that you can tell who it is as soon as the first note is sung. They have a great guitarist in Jimi Bell as well. That dude pulls out show stopping riffs and solos. I've seen them live once a few years back. My fave albums are from their current period namely World Upside Down and my complete fave is Come To My Kingdom. Cartesian Dreams is also good with Big Money being my least fave from the current incarnation. Of the original band, the album I like most is Sahara probably although I haven't listened to it in a long time. I need to play some HoL sometime especially Come to my Kingdom which is just riddled with an amazing set of tunes.

Cartesian Dreams is one fantastic album....while Big Money was a big disappointment.

Big Money is freakin' great.....it reminds me a lot of their first album. To me, it's much stronger than Come To My Kingdom and World Upside Down. I didn't even buy Cartesian Dreams because I was not all that thrilled with these two cd's. I happened to come across Big Money at the local music shop and thought I'd give them another shot....I'm glad I did. I love the "Gates Of Babylon" feeling that the song "Living In A Dream World" has. And yes, James Christian is a damned good singer.

Big Money is growing on me. I was disappointed at first becauuse I loved Cartesian Dreams so much and it isn't as good, but after a few spins I enjoyed it.

Big Money is freakin' great.....it reminds me a lot of their first album. To me, it's much stronger than Come To My Kingdom and World Upside Down. I didn't even buy Cartesian Dreams because I was not all that thrilled with these two cd's. I happened to come across Big Money at the local music shop and thought I'd give them another shot....I'm glad I did. I love the "Gates Of Babylon" feeling that the song "Living In A Dream World" has. And yes, James Christian is a damned good singer.

My thoughts exactly!

~Brian~