How about a Marcel Jacob/Talisman tribute for the Showcase?

Talisman live kicked more ass than 95% of the bands I've witnessed at ProgPower ...

That said, naah, a tribute to Marcel wouldn't work at PPUSA - save that for next years Sweden Rock Festival and watch 15.000 people go crazyyyyyy.

c.

That's great. Then let's all save the tribute to Marcel for next year's Sweden Rock. Then we can worry about a better act for the Showcase this year. :)

We don't need to save the tribute for next year's Sweden Rock - we need to do it now and PPUSA would be the place!!

Marcel Jacob tribute
Part 1 of 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKZZUtn14bM

Part 2 of 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MssEcyO0s9g

Here is the compilation tribute video I did for Marcel Jacob, original bassist for Yngwie Malmsteen and longtime bassist, songwriter and co-founder of Talisman, along side of Jeff Scott Soto.

He was a great inspiration to my bass playing as I was a Talisman fan and having to play Talisman songs when touring with Jeff, I really had to study his style and technique.

I met Marcel once on tour with Jeff in Italy around 2002 to discuss the Talisman DVD that I was to compile. We corresponded for the next year until the dual DVD was done. I have 52 DV tapes of Talisman concerts and backstage footage. This tribute video is the best of all the footage I have.

Also since I am Jeff's #1 video guy, I'm currently in the process of editing three music videos for his new music project called W.E.T. Marcel was filmed in the videos. I have the last video footage of him.

He took his own life just one week before he and Jeff were to start on the eighth Talisman CD.

The video I compiled is my, and everyone that was close to him, tribute to him.

See www.jeffscottsoto.com for Jeff's personal tribute.

A worldwide launch of the tribute videos happened today on all of Jeff’s related websites, youtube, myspace, vimeo, facebook and all rock webzines.

He will be missed.
Gary Schutt

FANTASTIC!!!

Thank you so much for posting this. Those clips were awesome. What a great way to remember Marcel!

The small clip of Marcel and Jeff doing "I'm a Viking" was brilliant - goosebumbs....

c.

What I wanna know is wheres the MICHAEL JACKSON tribute? I wanna see some one handed gloves, and moon walking from the bands this year.