How about TNT?

Firefly and Transistor are my all time fave TNT discs. There is just a little something more on these 2 efforts that I want to listen to more than anything else they've done...

Thanks to this thread I have been revisiting their catalog while working today :)

I'm sure most people here know, but if you have not heard Harnell's Westworld side project, I highly recommend it. It really holds up, especially the first album.

The Starbreaker stuff is really good as well (if you're delving into Westworld).

TNT is a long time fav for me mostly for Knights and Tell No Tales, which are both killer. It took me a long time to get into their other stuff since the style jumped all over the place - I kept wanting more Knights and Tales!

I do like a lot of Realized Fantasies such as Purple mountain's Majesty. I thought that jumped back a bit to their older sound.

Last edited:
Thanks to this thread I have been revisiting their catalog while working today :)

I'm sure most people here know, but if you have not heard Harnell's Westworld side project, I highly recommend it. It really holds up, especially the first album.

Good call. For those that don't know, Westworld was a side project that featured Tony Harnell and Mark Reale from Riot on guitar. They released 3 studio albums and a live album. Good stuff, recommended if you can find them.

Also check out Starbreaker, another side project that featured Tony Harnell and Magnus Karlsson on guitar and John Macaluso on drums. They had 2 studio albums.

When I saw him in NYC this past March he did stuff from TNT, Westworld, Morning Wood, and his stuff singing with Mercury Train and the Wildflowers.. I reallly enjoyed it