How are the following bands live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
>>>>God Forbid, Municipal Waste, Children of Bodom, As I Lay Dying, and Lamb of God.

My thoughts:

Municipal Waste - good/ok show, very thrashy and mosh oriented. all their songs pretty much sounded the same, so it's kinda like...whatever the crowd feels like giving, will be the type of concert you'll get.

Children of Bodom - Super boring to me. The keyboardist never looked so dumb...he was like...drinking and yawning and doing nothing...plus the songs were fun, but not super exciting like a heavier band.

As I lay dying - I remember liking them, but it's been a while.

God Forbid - They went on first a long time ago, before they came out with Gone Forever, and they REALLY put on a good show. I loved them - they brought a lot of energy to a crowd that wasn't even ready to mosh. My fave of this list.

Your avatar looks a lot like Anthony Stewart Head in his role as Giles in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. This makes me inclined to like you. Don't throw that away, man.

Oh, wow, people bashing my musical taste. That's original. I hope it makes you feel big and tough as you cower behind your computer screen.

I was actually cowering in my chair from your wrath. You need to grow up. If you come onto a metal forum and tell everyone you're going to see of a bunch of commercial metal and/or metalcore bands you can't really expect us to get a favorable impression of your taste. Nobody's insulting you personally. Other posters have come here with even worse/more n00bish taste. We call this taste bad because we have enough experience to know that when exposed to some of the better metal out there you will quickly leave those bands behind; this is the natural and proper course of things. Don't be embarrassed; we're here to help. Just tell us what you like about those bands, we'll recommend some bands that do that better, and the healing can begin.

I need to grow up? How do you figure? You know, if someone actually listed reasons for why those bands aren't good, that is fine, but isntead insulting someone is just idiotic.

"We call this taste bad because we have enough experience to know that when exposed to some of the better metal out there you will quickly leave those bands behind"

A more pretentious and pompous statement I have never read, not even from progressive rock fans. I love when a band goes "commercial" they are automatically selling out, and therefore suck, even if they write good music. It is as if all the little fanboys are angry, because it is no longer their "big secret." Me grow up?

My musical taste is just fine, and to think you can quantify someones taste, is idiotic.

I only own two LoG CDs, I'm not in love with these bands, but from what I've heard from them, they sound good, especially Children of Bodom. Sorry, I guess that makes me a noob. You want to know how much of a noob I am? I don't even listen to metal all the time. I like all kinds of music, and think that anyone who listens to metal only is pretty narrow-minded.

Okay, you're going off and making wild assumptions when you don't really have any idea what you're talking about. You could try lurking around and checking out the bands you see mentioned here, you might find some stuff you like (hint hint), or you can take everything extremely personally and go join the Children of Bodom forum. Your choice.

But please take a moment to realize that nobody insulted you; you were described as a noob, which is accurate because you are clearly new to this. Like I said, if you let us guide you you'll find tons of bands you'll really dig. I realize this seems pretentious to you now, but a bunch of people have come here not knowing much beyond mtv bands and found whole new realms of awesome stuff. I myself listened to Godsmack once, for fuck's sake.

Don't make the assumption that we all only listen to metal. This is a metal forum, and most of us listen primarily to metal, but explore the non-metal forum and the non-metal thread in the social forum. Also, nothing makes you cooler than listening to Interpol.

I'm trying to help you because you seem reasonably intelligent and are simply taking the initial rejection that everyone coming to this forum faces the wrong way.

Okay, I'll take your word for it. But, just to be clear, I haven't watched Mtv for years. . . I despise it. It has ruined music. Same goes for the radio.

So, why are these bands so horrible, then? Like I said, from what I heard they are really good. LoG has awesome musicianship an writes good songs. The songs I've heard from CoB are really good, the keyboard adds so much to the sound.

I like all kinds of metal, from metalcore bands like Killswitch, to prog metal (my fasvorite genre) like Between the Buried and Me, Pain of Salvation, Tool, and Opeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.