How awesome is this year for Prog-Metal!?!

This year, along with most other recent years, sucks for good metal.
Last year had one good release: Katatonia.
The Planet X album was good, though, and Alex Argento's EGO is actually better. Check that one out, Planet X lovers.

But no good metal so far.

Dammit, nobody has the new King Diamond except for FYE. I'll have to figure out a way to get there tomorrow. Best Buy didn't have shit for anyone. They had one copy of Symx Paradise Lost. But I'm getting the US and Euro SE's for that. And yes, I'm quite aware that the DVD sucks. Oh well, I think it's still cool to have.

I even went to Hot Topic, because there's a huge mall close to my work. They didn't have shit. Cmon man, isn't King Diamond "evil" enough for your fake rebellious store? It's about a girl with a bloody dress for fuck's sake. Cmon, if you're sportin' that in the high school hallways, the "enemy" is not gonna mess with you.

Systematic Chaos is pretty good. I'd say it's on par with 6DOIT, but thankfully not as long.

Edit: Found out there's an FYE close by! Just picked up the new KD. Haven't heard it yet as I'm ripping it now, but I read the story and it's pretty cool. I also picked up the Abigail RR 25th anniversary edition for the DVD. The quality is total crap, but kinda neat to see anyway. Goddamn that Michael Moon guy. I was really hoping to see Denner.

Symphony X- Paradise Lost is beyond words :worship:

Dream Theater- SC is not as good, but still one of their best from recent years IMO

Steve Vai- Sound Theories is really good, very modern sounding orchestral stuff if you're into that...

Planet X- Quantum I don't have yet, but from what I've heard is amazing... If only they still had Tony on guitars... :erk:

Symphony X- Paradise Lost is beyond words :worship:

Dream Theater- SC is not as good, but still one of their best from recent years IMO

Steve Vai- Sound Theories is really good, very modern sounding orchestral stuff if you're into that...

Planet X- Quantum I don't have yet, but from what I've heard is amazing... If only they still had Tony on guitars... :erk:

Yes Tony will be sorely missed:worship:

This CD is great!! Yes Mike Portoy should go home and practice, but so should every drummer after getting to hear Virgil do his thing. Quantum is the most futuristic sounding and possibly advanced music this year , Planet X has raised the bar, and Brett Garsed plays great. !!

I will have to buy this new Planet X of which you speak.

I love the new Symphony X. The new Dream Theater is pretty good, too, but just not my favorite. I'm really glad to see Ron Jarzombek doing more new stuff. I've been a long-time listener, but I get frustrated some times because I play guitar and like to have something I can play along with. I'm still working on Ink Complete, but I need to have a copy that plays at about 1/4 speed if I'm going to even attempt to interact. ;)