how can I improve this shit?

theblackmoon

Casa Negra
May 15, 2006
Anyplace - World
www.myspace.com
Hey folks I´m in a never ending struggle to make this sound tight, specially guitars, they´re too flabby and loose. How can I ticken them up?

DFHS
5150 combo
no bass yet

I was going for a more mid sounding thing, not so scooped.

What you guys think of it and how can I improve this shit?

File HERE

Thanks

musickey said:
are you double tracking the guitars?

Quad tracking... just believe.

But I use really small amounts of gain, quad tracking with the same gtr, diferent channels on the 5150 thou.

Problably making 50/50 with another amp would add a sense of depth, but... well... I just don´t have another amp.

Thanks a lot to everyone who took your time to help me out...

I´ll try to grab the bass from the bass player of my band...
I´ll record those bass lines ASAP. I´ll post the results.

@Zombietakeover how u think I should fatten the drums, withouth Waves Maxxbass, withouth making them sound boxy? I tried before but it became boxy and lost definition.

Palm mute closer to the bridge to get that "bloom" on muted stuff...I'd also say add a touch more gain. What have you done to the guitar's bottom end so far? High pass filters? EQing? Get some more lows in the guitars themselves.

Your kick is non-existant. There are no lows at all. The kick should be pumping hard right between 60Hz-80Hz, then the bass will fill in above that. Cut the kicks at 400Hz though.

Get the bass guitar in there and drive it strait up the middle, you'll hear everything thicken up.

everybody's x said:
I think turning them up a hair and bringing a nice fuzzy bass track up the middle amd it would sound great.

L 100%<80%<>80%>100% R panning too

maybe some verb on the drums and kill that "china"

About the china, I know it sounds harsh, but I thought it had a good character to it... when you say kill you mean compressing, maybe de-essing it?

Not only for programing. I&#180;ve produced a brazillian Doom Metal band with a kinda V-Drum (same aspect, but from a brazillian brand, work like the roland but it&#180;s way cheaper) and got stellar results drum-wise, the average listener will never know...

I tried remixing it, the kick is way better, overall the mix sounds more powerful, but the guitars... still crap.

Note to self: You can&#180;t polish crap.

I&#180;ll re-record it soon, will post the results ASAP. Thanks.