How come Tomas Lindberg is so much better than everyone else?

Pitiless Wanderer

Jun 14, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
It doesnt even matter what youre talking about. Im listening to Crowned in Terror and he just destroys everything on this record, same thing with At the Gates and most definitely the Nightrage debut Sweet Vengeance - one of his best performances ever. Not to mention Disfear, the great deceiver, lockup...etc etc. i know he gets shit for not staying put in one band, which is definitely kind of annoying but as long as he is active i dont mind where he is at, although his leaning towards hardcore doesnt really do it for me as much as his death metal bands.

He always sounds like he's giving 100% and his lyrics are always great, focusing on liars, hypocrites, death and other depressive themes. This guy is my favorite extreme vocalist of all time.

hes ok.

i dug his performances in that one great deceiver album and terminal spirit disease. hes good in skitsystem.

certainly not the best though

...because everyone knows that the best metal vocalist is JAMES LABRIE! :lol:

Nah, Mike from Opeth and Mikko from StS get my votes. Also, Jens from Meshuggah is pretty good.

It doesnt even matter what youre talking about. Im listening to Crowned in Terror and he just destroys everything on this record, same thing with At the Gates and most definitely the Nightrage debut Sweet Vengeance - one of his best performances ever. Not to mention Disfear, the great deceiver, lockup...etc etc. i know he gets shit for not staying put in one band, which is definitely kind of annoying but as long as he is active i dont mind where he is at, although his leaning towards hardcore doesnt really do it for me as much as his death metal bands.

He always sounds like he's giving 100% and his lyrics are always great, focusing on liars, hypocrites, death and other depressive themes. This guy is my favorite extreme vocalist of all time.

I agree, though I wouldn't put him in the top vocalists of all time. I find too many death metal vocalists try too hard for that deep growl and forget that when you put in the emotion and rage it doesn't really matter what vocal style is used.

I agree, though I wouldn't put him in the top vocalists of all time. I find too many death metal vocalists try too hard for that deep growl and forget that when you put in the emotion and rage it doesn't really matter what vocal style is used.

I agree. And his vocal style is my favorite for melodic death metal. It's extreme but with strain and tortured emotion.

I like his earlier work, but I don't care for his later work, such as The Crown and Nightrage. His voice is not what it used to be.

He pretty much made Nightrage great, but then they went and kicked them out. :(

ahah yea, it really is a shame. that bad had loads of talent. marios is a great guitar player and a fantastic riff writer....losing tomas was a massive blow for the band, but even more questionable is the replacement they have. he's more "core" than death metal, which really gets on my nerves. nothing too distinctive about him. I hate to say it but their best days are behind them unless something drastic happens.