How do glitch? ¯\(°_o)/¯

Jun 22, 2009
St. Pete, Florida
I've searched around the forums, but I couldn't really find anything much, really.

What's the best/easiest way to glitch drums?

And how would you go about doing it?

Also, for everyone who's going to say "dblue"; any chance you can explain how?

If that doesn't give you the effect you want, I often experiment with chopping bits out. Say if I wanted a stuttered vocal, I'd zoom in, and cut to the grid. So it'd kinda look like 1 1 1 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1, if ya get me (0 being the bit I chop out)? Normally gets good results.

heyyy :p only one true method is to cut everything manually:) look here:
FFE-cuts.jpg
this is old screen from Telefon Tel Aviv session

I use Reaper and Adobe Audition.

I have dblue glitch and have tried using it, but i can figure out how to set up the automation to make it to where when i place amidi note, it does THAT glitch effect WHEN i do it.

Like i said, anyone who is going to say to use dblue, can you please explain how? :)

also, to the "by hand" method. Yeah, that's probably the BEST method, but it'll probably be my last resort. :rofl:

i would love trying glitching vox like wat Sturgis did on some bands. Do u guys prefer chopping it manually as well?

I use Reaper and Adobe Audition.

I have dblue glitch and have tried using it, but i can figure out how to set up the automation to make it to where when i place amidi note, it does THAT glitch effect WHEN i do it.

Like i said, anyone who is going to say to use dblue, can you please explain how? :)

also, to the "by hand" method. Yeah, that's probably the BEST method, but it'll probably be my last resort. :rofl:
i make new track and paste there fragment that i like process with glich, and setup plugin for gate effect for example, then if i like shuffle effect i make another new track with glitch on it but paste there another fragment;p
no idea how to automate this plugin i hate automation;p

As I said in another thread just a few minutes ago, I use SupaTrigga. You practically don't even need to know how to use it, just stick it on a track and it glitches it in different ways based on probablilites you can adjust.

I tried SupaTrigga, did nothing for me.

For a example of the sound im talking about; Like the drums in the beginning of "Jetpacks Was Yes!" - Periphery

Sounds like there's also pitch effects thrown in there, but mostly you should be able to do that with SupaTrigga. I get your point though, it's pretty random.

just cut/crop(if you will) a fragment of favored sound or "climax" and copy and paste it to the length of however long you want it. this applys to every instrument. . . . except brass . . :guh:

Well, manual chops, or programming the crazy stuff, is the way a lot of the crazy breakcore and IDM stuff gets made. Lots of retrigs and such. Like Venetian Snares' snare rolls.

Or, in Glitch, you don't always have to set it to random haha. You can program the sequences and adjust parameters, rather than completely random.

The way i was taught to glitch is to cut a piece of silence in whatever size not increment usually 1/16th or 1/8th note & paste it in the pattern i want to glitch then crossfade all the pieces then it will glitch whatever rythm i want...