How do I get tracks to play in sequence on a flash drive?

Purveyor Of Evil

Heavy Metal, INC.
Mar 17, 2003
Hughestown, PA.
Visit site
I have six CD's I loaded on to a Sony 8GB flash drive from my iTunes library. I plugged it into the USB port in my 2010 Ford Fusion and the songs don't play in the sequence I want them too which is the sequence of how I loaded the flash drive. Please help. I'm not computer savvy, so please talk slowly and in plain English. LOL. THANKS!!!

I have six CD's I loaded on to a Sony 8GB flash drive from my iTunes library. I plugged it into the USB port in my 2010 Ford Fusion and the songs don't play in the sequence I want them too which is the sequence of how I loaded the flash drive. Please help. I'm not computer savvy, so please talk slowly and in plain English. LOL. THANKS!!!

Depends on how the player itself reads them. Is it playing them in track number sequence or alphabetical sequence?

Now if it is the songs themselves, playing out of sequence, what I'd do is copy all of the songs into a folder and edit the track number tags in itunes, corresponding to the order in which you would want the songs to be played.

Depends on how the player itself reads them. Is it playing them in track number sequence or alphabetical sequence?

Now if it is the songs themselves, playing out of sequence, what I'd do is copy all of the songs into a folder and edit the track number tags in itunes, corresponding to the order in which you would want the songs to be played.
Alphabetical.

I haven't actually tried a USB flash drive on my Sync system but here's some suggestions that may work.

1. Put the track numbers in the file name
2. If the MP3 has both ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags, make sure the track numbers are in both (I'm sure you can check/edit these in iTunes but if not, there are several free programs available for tagging MP3s)
3. Create a playlist using Windows Media Player and save the playlist to the flash drive

Hopefully one of these will work for you.