How do I read Keyboard tabs?

Load

New Metal Member
Feb 16, 2004
Sweden
Can anyone give me a homepage or something that shows me how to do it. I played some keyboard, but I never learned to read tabs.

Mmh, aren't you supposed to play with regular partitions when you play keys ?
Just a suposition, I'm not specially a musician, but I'd say so.

Anyway, a good thing would be to get Guitar pro 4, there's a graphic neck and a graphic keyboard which shows the notes played.

You can also display the tab and the regular notation at the same time.
So I think it can help a lot.

' =One octave above middle C
'' =Two octaves above middle C
. =one octave below middle C
.. =Two octaves below middle C
(X-X) = Notes in brackets, played together

thats what ive seen done anyways, not sure if all tabbers use this.

ugh...learn to read REAL music notation.

keyboard tabs are fucked up.

there needs to be a better way of transcribing music so people can read it on the internet. I fuckin hate keyboard tablature.

Yeah, I agree, keyboard tabs are fucked up... it's better if you learn to read notation. Well, atleast it's easier for me to read and follow notation.

Yeah janne is right keyboard tabs are just bullshit it takes far long to read them anyway ! like with notation you can get a rough idea where your fingers should be etc with keyboard tab you have to check if you have some bullshit star over the note or whatever! Im not bitching at you dude just a helping hand :) its really easy and if you practice it will be so easy give me an email or somthing and if you have midi i'll send you a prog to practice on

Ok, thanks everyone :D I think I can read normal notation...? If that is those things that are usually written in books? :p

Try and find the keyboard part in a gp4 format and open it with gp4. Then you can click an option so the normal notation appears. That's how my brother plays some keyboard tabs, but he only plays it since 3-4 months :p.

Alright I may be a lil late on this post but, who cares im a new member. I started Keyboards in december of 2004 so ive been playing for a little over a year. At first i played some tabs but yeah like Janne said tabs are bull shit I agree there but Im still learning how to read notes but other wise i use guitar-pro if you guys dont know its a program that takes tabs and plays them in midi form and it shows you on a lil fret board or keyboard what they're playing i suggest who ever wants to learn stuff quik get guitar-pro. :)