How do I record "click"

Carcass29

3oIF
Sep 21, 2005
New York
I want to make scratch guitar tracks for my drummer...in Cubase how do I get the metronome click to record in the audio once it's exported? I know this is probably a dumb question and appreciate anyone's help...thanx.

Make a midi track. Draw in a space in the track (pencil tool). Double click that, set quantize and snap on and draw in a shit tone of quarter notes on C#1 (this is the sound I prefer, you can change if you like). Once that is done go to devices: VST instruments and load LM-7. Set the output of the midi track to LM-7.

Now to get that to audio and not midi: Set the locators around the midi track, solo the midi track and exsport it into pool and audio track.

It's possible there is an easier way, this is just the way that I would do it.

yeah i just write out a quarter note midi track and copy/paste it over all the bars. i usually use a1's "made of wood" preset for the click noise but its kind of annoying... anyone got some good click samples? :p

To be fair, it's a virtually identical feature in both Logic and Cubase. I just found Cubase to be an easier and more efficient program overall.

Cubase Tempo Track:
cubase4tempoeditor.l.jpg

Logic Tempo Map:
ChopinOp28No20_TempiMap_Logic.jpg

those are some intense tempo changes bro!!!

Haha, it's not my song or even from my session, it's just a random picture from the internet of Logic's tempo map. I guess it's Chopin according to the title bar on the window. Some seriously wacky tempo rubato going on for sure, but that's how Chopin is. :loco: