How does a dubstep/hip hop/electronic music producer compare to typical AE's?

To go slightly off topic on the parallel one of metal vs electro in terms of creativity : that's what made me start writing electro music. The process is easy, the sound you use during songwriting are the actual sounds you are using, since it is midi based (except if you're an analogue guy ala Joachim Garraut) editing is flawless, or you can do it all with the mouse, and in a few hours you can have the ground of a new track. When I write electronic I feel like I'm free and just have to think about the music, and not it's playability, or the technical aspect of it. To me it's the thing I missed in creating music, and I think I'll continue creating both metal and electronic music in the future for that reason.

this last part is big for me. One of the biggest problems I have when writing a song is I start mixing it the moment I lay down the first note. I'm trying to make the best mix possible with my run of the mill gear so that way I can just open a template and go. I started doing rap beats a little bit but I just got so bored with it so quickly I stopped.