How does the new Haken disc hold up against their debut?

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
I don't know if their new one's officially out yet, but I remember reading in one of the threads that it'll be available at the fest. If anyone picks it up, please post your thoughts. I was underwhelmed (maybe because of the vocals) when I first heard Aquarius last year, but I recently returned to it and now I can't get enough of it. The production is godly amazing. The songs are very well written with great instrumental passages. If their new one is in a similar vein, I need to check it out.

NP: Haken - Aquarius

Cheers!

I don't know if their new one's officially out yet, but I remember reading in one of the threads that it'll be available at the fest. If anyone picks it up, please post your thoughts. I was underwhelmed (maybe because of the vocals) when I first heard Aquarius last year, but I recently returned to it and now I can't get enough of it. The production is godly amazing. The songs are very well written with great instrumental passages. If their new one is in a similar vein, I need to check it out.

NP: Haken - Aquarius

Cheers!

I think Glenn recently reviewed it. To sum up his review: like Aquarius only better and more.

I just listened to their first CD on Spotify and I have to say i jelly that you guys will be seeing this live. Really good.