How far have you travelled to a concert?

Let's see. I live in the Bay Area & was backstage at the US Festival, I guess maybe 5+ hours. I've been in the LA area a few times for shows 6 hour trips. San Diego once but I flew to that show.

I know Iowa, guess 1,500 miles. I was on vacation there in 89' & "3 Dog Night" played at the Fair, LOL. I tell you there were over 6 thousand people there going crazy! I couldn't believe it. I was truly amazed at the response from the crowd. I think the whole town shut down to attend the show.

Headbangers Open Air was the longest trip I ever did to a concert; 7 hour driving to the festival (in pooring rain) and 9 hour back (due to a traffic jam were we only did 4 miles in 3 hour !!). And on top of that I almost directly drove to the coast, so I had been driving from about 10.30 AM to 00.30 AM the next day... long trip but I would do it again anytime :)

Drove 7.5 hours to Boise ID to see Opeth. More than anything I just wanted to do a road trip. It's been 13 years or more.

Also flew from Montana to Salt Lake to Chicago to see Opeth. 1200 miles. At the time, my wife worked at the airport and I got cheap tics and I slept on couches. Whole 5 day trip cost me under $200. Can't do that anymore. You know who though a hand grenade in the economy and both me and my wife lost our jobs. My life has been hell ever since. On a bright note, Gordan Lightfoot is playing an hour away in Oct. Time to really rock out!!!

Hmmmm...all Maiden related of course... I am in Los Angeles, we have gone close to San Francisco, to Denver also... I need to get out further though! Maybe London? :heh:

I went from Boston to NY to see my favourite band in the world. Then I went from NY to Boston to LA to see them again.
Best week of my LIFE.