How Good Was Bloodstock!!!

SANDMAN10

Sep 27, 2003
hartlepool
Visit site
Wow What a Festival.I Spent The Festival with the guys from detrimentum and we had a great time getting watsed and they took us to this cool campsite where we could park the van and every 1 was so nice. :headbang:

the highlites of the weekend though where easily gamma ray, sonata atrica, gutworm and especially Children Of Bodom. It even got better as i chilled with luke from panic cell and we had a good drink i also got talking to lee from gutworm,i met alexi lahio from children of bodom :hotjump: but to make it even better herman lei from dragon force was there and we stood and had a beer with him :worship: so i was quiet happy to say the least :D

She swore like a trooper!

I really "dug" Gamma Ray and Sinergy on the friday, and Intense, Cruachan, Edenbridge, Evergrey, Sonata Arctica and Bodom on the sat, although admittedly I was too knackered by the time COB came on that I barely headbanged at all, despite their awesomeness. I actually had a 40 mins sleep through balance of power (no disrespect to them, just really really tired).

Manowar for next year please! Or perhaps Rhapsody :) In fact scratch that, I think Area 54 should be headlining! Or at least high up the bill on the main stage, they'd pull a mighty crowd methinks, and I'd be front and centre of course!

hideously jealous. got my ticket without makin date connections, turned out i had 2do th little job of head bridesmaid4my mates weddin on th 4th, was sooooo sad :( but i did hav a fun day, spilt red wine down my dress and was teachin th bride's 10yr old brother morbid angel lyrics. twas fun, but not as fun as bloodstock, went yonders ago wen 54 played, was wicked! survived th weekend on a rock of hash, a bottle of jack and a box of jaffa cakes. v.metal. :) my mates went and met cob and prophecy, and bought me a pic back, awww blesssssss.

t'was an awesome two day affair..
my fav bands of the weekend have to be illuminatus, invey and intense on the small band scale but most certainly for me Primal fear was the major band that made the festival. Gamma Ray on friday were cool but i was a bit knackered / pissed that evening and wasn't really in the mood for it.
I was plesently surprised by Evergrey who i thought were good, loved the set by panic cell and Infobia. missed Cruchan cause i was out to lunch ( i have to eat a decent meal as i feel shit with all the beer drinking and all). Children of Bodom were okay, not really my scene althoug i did get a tape fro kittie Bread which was cool, just not quite doing it for me vocally, musically they are okay. Gutworm was err manic as was Four way kill who i managed to catch a few moments of. Problem i have with this weekend is the numebr of people i bump into who all wanna chat, plus getting to the bar for a beer and that all swallows up time. still it was a top notch weekend and i really enjoyed it. If you wasn't there shame cause you missed a blinder of a heavy metal weekend.......next year make it at all coasts it doesn't matter who plays, just go, enjoy speak to loads of people, make new friends and support the best metal gig the UK has...enought said....

im looking forward to next year already including the open air event (rumour has it it is two days now with ac/dc and Judas Priest doing headline duties.......we shall see later in week i guess)

off seeing bands this sunday at Pure Blood in camden hope to bump into a few of you there as i am going....come up and say hi. will have the saxon jacket on with white wolf on back. Bald head enjoying himself headbanging to biomechanical! ya!

Slev is that you in the background of my piccys recently sent me by a friend...i believe it is!! ha ha ha! big thumbs up to metalman and sonofmetalman, top weekend guys.