How I was trying to catch Lee on Progpower Metal fest in Baarlo!

Sonm

Curse You All Men...
Aug 14, 2002
Just dying to tell you this funniest story I ever had since I am in this hole namely Holland.
October the 6! Despite having no dutch driving licence I take my old and ugly car and drive naar (to) Baarlo to have some fun watching some progpower metal bands from Sweden, Germany, Netherlands, Hungary etc. You know, I didn't expect that "having fun" to be so exciting!
First of all just a week before i got the message from Lee asking whether I am gonna pay my attention to that fest or not, well i answered yes and mailed him back asking the same. In fact i got no responce which made me sure that Lee is already there:) Okay. The only picture of him I've seen was that small one inckluded into his interview (see one of the threads in this forum).
Okay! Also I had some details from Mike Ekerfeldt (Opeth) (Lee, please, don't kill me for that!!! I still think you are angry with me though I didn't mean enything mean or harmful or even something like that!!! It is just was what he said!!:lol: In fact I look the same!!:lol: :lol:) So armed with the picture and Mike's characterisitics (SORRY!!!!:lol: ) I was searching through the crowd!! To my surprise I didn't find anyone who would fit to my data! That put me into a some kind of sadness, I was sitting on the table and thinking of how unhappy I am. I got back again only when a bearded, lame, english speaking(cursing) giant had thrown me down the table. I was going to say him everything I had to say but... damn, he was looking like Lee!!! Is that him?? - my brain was crying out lod?? But then Mike's words are just a friendly joke... That guy was probably more than 2 meters high, moreover he was probably about the same in diameter... I was really scared. There was one more thing which made me confused. The giant had something to do with the show business as well because of his company(two enormously thick girls speaking german to each other but english to the giant, I was also afraid of them co they looked like two fishing floats and could kill me for sure with one kick) and his reporter's look. Cameras etc. He started to move to the stage scattering the crowd like a tank scatters enemy infantry. Horror made my heart clenched. My goodness... But I have to ask him... Then I've spotted that mountain again - scattering the crown he was moving to the bar and then outside with 6 glasses of beer... I followed him and discovered a RIGHT STEERING WHEEL Volkswagen... But you know guys... when I've seen how that cannibal has swallowed about 3 liters of beer down his stomach withing 3 seconds any desire to share the place with that god damned beer has left me. So I got off back in the club. I lighted up the cigarette with the shaking hands to calm down and suddenly spotted a tiny guy looking up the stage and speaking english to his friend. Then he looked around and... cross my heart and hope to die - except looking glass he was a replica of the picture I've seen on the web.
Here we go guuuuuys!!! just let me wait for another break between bands!!! I was thinking about what would be his reaction, maybe he would be glad to talk maybe he will get annoyed. Anyway I decded to come and just to greet him... Okay! So next break I jump off the table (my good shelter) and went to say hello to Lee... And here is him sitting on a table too and... for fuck's sake kissing his friend... fuck!!! fuck!!! I felt myself probably like Bagbie (a scene from my fav movie - Trainspotting) when he was kissing a girl and suddenly discovered a dick between "her" legs. Shite!! I was completely frustrated and pissed off. Coz I hate two things: sexual preference descrimination and gays. I was about to vomit and rushed away as quick as I could. We fucking gotta get outa here, enough of this - my friends were surprised by the way I growled that. I let the girl friend of my friend drive the car coz you know one can hardly drive a car being 100% fucked up... Jesus fuck... next morning I get a message from Lee - I decided not to go, hope you enjoyed the fest.
Yeah, indeed!!:headbang:

Sorry for some grammar mistakes, hope it is understandable:))

ohahahahhohohohhahah :)

i can imagine how stressful the fest was for you then heh.
:-D

It's just a pity Lee didn't say anything %( He probably hates me for my story... if he would only comprehend that we love him like children love their world-great uncle!! But I agree... a good uncle shouldn't be too kind to his nephews otherwise they get too naughty! I hope I do not sound gay!
:headbang: