How is this Tone?(PODx3 - Sludgy/Doom)

Sounds heavy, but the extreme amounts of fizz is killing me. I think you should lower the gain. I've found in the past that with these kind of tones you can get away pretty well with the pod if you run some distortion pedals in front of it (especially things like the rat, hm-2 and/or fuzz pedals). Sounds less fizzy and gives a somewhat more natural sounding distortion.

as felix said it has a lot of potential. try to use a multi comp like the c4 and start from the andy sneap settings (searchfor it in the "usefull links"-sticky) to get rid of the boomyness in the guitars!

Try doing this:

Cut some of the distortion, pan the guitars 100% and 85%, and on the guitars you can try and add a hint of an Octave Divider.
If your not already down tuning your guitar to B or C id recommend that, depending on the gauge of your strings that should
give you a real heavy sounding doom tone. I think the amount of distortion you are using is messing with your palm mutes.

Yeah I like this sound too, for that style. Any info on what amp models you used in the pod?

Line 6 Big Bottom
4x12 '01' Treadplate
57 on Axis mic
17% Room
Distortion Screamer: Drive: 12% Gain: 50% Tone: 10%

And that's it.

Thanks guys