how much are we talking for a 5 track in the UK?

tombstonecity

New Metal Member
May 2, 2009
my new band want to break onto the scene properly, with a professional release behind us and since i've had experience in a professional studio down in chelmsford (CDS if you know it) i know the high costs that come with it ha (but no doubt great value for money).

is it going to be industry standard that we wont get away with 5 songs for at least £200 each? because with no shows or merch to sell and make money off, thats going to be a hell of a lot of money to raise between 6 guys who don't work and have blown all their money on high end equipment ?:/

anyone got any pointers on where we could go in the UK thats really good value but delivers a great sound ? i figured here is the best place to ask because most of you ARE producers haha

cheers :p

IMO £200 per song in the UK will get you a demo sounding demo. It's my pet hate that 90% of the studios that unsigned bands can afford will give you a muffled powerless CD. You have to look hard and definately get them to give you examples of them recording your type of music.

The only guy that springs to mind who is not hugely expensive but is churning out some great sounds is Scott Atkins... Should'nt be hard to find on google. He used to be in Stampin' Ground.

I can give you a whole heap of studios to avoid!!!

I'm sure there are plenty of good studios out there but they are hidden by the huge amount of mediocre/crap studios.

...Just my opinion.

Scott atkins has some really good mixes and his own distinct style. If you can afford it, dew it. go buy sylosis' conclusion of an age for an example of his work ;)

Joe